Monday, October 27, 2014

Barb's Book Review... Partners

Firstly, thanks goes to Lilliana for sending me an ARC of Partners; it was won in a contest she ran a few weeks back. I never win things so to win this from her was amazeballs. 

There is a first time for everything and at this moment, after finishing this novel I am speechless... It took me a few minutes to set my kindle down after I read the last page. Speechless for me, never happens but I have to say with this Prequel to the Fire & Lies series its a good speechless. The best really.

This is not my first Lilliana Anderson book and I can damn sure say it won't be my last. She is an amazing author and for Christ sakes she is an Aussie so she is like up on the ladder with The Avengers. (For anyone that knows me that means she is the bomb) Dude, like totes awesome!

Now, Jesus it's like I'm coming off a high or something. This novel sucked me in from page one and had me on the edge of my seat, biting my nails, choking at times from gasping or laughing. The dynamics of Aiden and Chloe is one of a bomb waiting to explode. They are head over heals. Both ready to rip the others close off and the whole time they are both looking at the 'job' at hand from different angles. They say be careful what you ask for. Trust no one. Keep your cool under pressure. Now, I get why they say that crap. It's not just words. It's good advice. 

Chloes Donovan, millionaires kid. Silver spoon prodigy who was knocked on her ass by her fathers head of security makes a vital mistake 3 years ago. She chose family over love and wanting to be with someone that makes her feel alive.

Aiden Price, ex military, ex head of security for Terry Donovan, Chloe's father and the man that makes her knees weak, panties wet and her face flush pink with just a glance. Head of his own security firm. Club co-owner. Boss. 

What do they have in common? Besides the desire to have him buried in her balls deep.... they have love. 

Or so you think. Maybe it is there, maybe it's not. But after Chloe left Aiden heart broken, messed up emotionally and a complete mess she waltzes back into his life needing help. Help she can only get from him. He wants to hate her but seems to be failing at that. They get into a tangled web of lust, passion and bank robbery. Can he trust her? He isn't sure. Does he trust her? No. 


And people, there is sex. Sweet Jesus is there sex. Well played out and placed sex. Just yeah.. so your ass needs to be over 18 to read it! (eyes you all) Trust me... you will approve of the way they make up for lost time together. 

But.... when a simple plan, that was not so simple goes a way no one sees coming it leaves you wanting to know, "What int he hell is going on?" and a little speechless. I'm not sure whether I am a fan of Chloe's yet or not. I like Aiden, love him really. He is the epitome of the good guy with a bad side. Chloe... uh so far she is a brat and a pain in the ass. But I have a feeling there is still more to come that will explore who adn what exactly little Miss Donovan is.

Now, there is noooooooooo way can I tell you what happens in this one. (Other than what I just did.. lol) The epicness that is Partners honestly speaks for itself. It's a fantastic read. Epic story and as a Lilliana fan it's a must buy. 



NOTE... WARNING EVEN: A quick release series, Partners is book one of the Fire & Lies Trilogy, contains cliffhangers in book one and two, with a HEA in book three.




Book two of the Trilogy, "Played" is out in December. You can pre-order it now. (Click Here) 




Until next time... happy reading and remember to review your books. Spread the cheer!


No comments:

Post a Comment