Thursday, March 19, 2015

Barb's Book Review... Unmasked

Unmasked: Volume One (Unmasked, #1)
From New York Times bestselling author Cassia Leo comes a deliciously dark and mind-bending erotic thriller series.
I was born into this world unwanted.
I spent the first hours of my life unloved.
I spent the first eighteen years of my life with the parents who tried to shelter me from the harsh reality of my existence.
But you can’t un-write a sad story if the ending is literally written all over your face.
So I moved out and now I hide. I have a night job that pays the bills. Every night, I put on my mask and walk to work.
Then one night, I hear and see something that will change my purpose in life... forever: a murder that will bring him to me.
He says he wants to protect me. And, through a series of events I can’t fully make sense of, I find myself believing him.
But our nightly visits are always cloaked in darkness. I don’t know his face and he will never know mine.
I was born into this world unwanted. I will leave this world unmasked.
WARNING: This book is intended for mature audiences only due to dark and erotic content.


add-to-goodreads-button3.png
___________________________________________________________



imagesC62W1E2C.jpgI’m kinda speechless. My minds just... kinda like wtf? Ya know… This story is... interesting, and there is a mystery inside of a mystery here. May need to read this one again, but its got me curious now.. I am hoping the pieces that are missing from book 1 will be in book 2… I’m just not sure what to make of it yet. That could be a bad thing or a good thing, I’m just not sure which, yet. I am not one to give low stars and what have you but.. I’m totes not getting this. Its an hour later and I am still confused as fudge on a cats tail.


“The monsters we can’t see are the scariest ones of all.”


We meet 19 year old Alex Carmichael, she’s not like others. She lives in the dark. She lives in the shadows. Only working at night at a local gas station so she really doesn’t have to deal with people. She was born with a rare condition. One that makes her feel like a demon. Her own parents tried to hide her away in the family home. Her father teaching her self defense and how to fight and kill. Her mother.. well she teaches her that people are shallow. Its no way to live.


“People see me walking down the street at they smile, thinking I’m an easy mark. They can rob me or rape me, maybe even murder me, and they’ll get away with it. I won’t put up a fight. But they don’t know me. I’m far from easy.”


imagesT8QDGU7K.jpg
One night on the way to work she sees a man get killed. Then the killer shows up at her door. What does she do? She lets him in. He is ‘pretending’ to be a police detective. Damion Russo. Detective, man of mystery has sparked something inside of her. Something tells her to keep away but there is a curiosity that she has? When he comes back again to ‘get her statement’ he helps her with changing a bandage on her wound. One touch made something in her come to life.


images47W2RF3M.jpg
What starts as something… ‘off’ goes to something far out in left field. Sex. Hot sex. Aggressive, crazy... so many things are wrong with this situation. Alex seems to be a few fries short of a happy meal. Maybe she is missing more than that. Four weeks later Damion takes Alex to a masquerade ball. its to honor a fallen officer killed in the line of duty.



Damion needs to talk to her and he will show her his face when they get to the end of the night. That had already been decided but… Alex, wanting to get him alone and away from all of the eyes of the ball pretends to have an attack and Damion takes her to a locked room. But what happens inside is anything but fun. It ends with a confession, a murder  and Alex on the run.


Barb's Avi.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment