Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Release Day & Reviews... Sloan Storm's Billionaire's Kiss



Title: Billionaire's Kiss
(Never Never Man Series Bk#3)
Author: Sloan Storm
Genre: Contemporary Romance/Erotica




25209498.jpg


They say you can't go home again. Believe me, I've tried. Hell, I've done almost everything I can think of to escape Grey's controlling ways but it's no use, he's relentless.


After all, I've already surrendered my body to him. How much more will he take?


How much more can I give?













REVIEW.jpg


billionaires kiss.jpg
First, thanks to Sloan Storm for allowing me a copy of Billionaire’s Kiss to read in exchange for an honest review.


And secondly.. gah. I wanted to choke Maddie from page one. (laughs) Seems her moody ass has given me another reason to want to shake her until her teeth rattle. Now we all know (by now) that this is a serial. This is book 3 of 5  which means this book starts right where the last book left us with a  cliffhanger (is that a real word? Maybe it should just be called ‘torture’ but.. its not all that accurate.. that book cut off mid thought so it did leave ya ass hangin'... Gotta love that. Makes ya want more and fast. *laughs*)


***small spoiler alert***


So.. yeah I’m just kinda all over the place here. Maddie, dear sweet, Maddie… has issues of the coffee bean kind. The woman is on a self destruct mission like there is no other. But it is the only way she can stay with her parents and be free of all things Gray. Or so she thinks. Thankfully he shows up just in time to save her even if she isn’t smart enough to figure out that she needs to be saved. She has a job, not just any job but a true, legit business in LA and she was hiding. Why? Because she is.. all over the place. Confused, scared and (in my opinion) head over heels in love with Gray and again that scares her.


When they get back to LA you would think that everything would be back on a normal track but as usual, Maddie has to stick her foot in it and mess things up. Her attitude towards everything kills me. Its always “me” “me” “me”. Hell even Grey isn’t that self absorbed. (To me at least) I do think he and Katy have some secret between them, and I am not convinced she is really a good friend to Maddie but when she is acting like a spoiled princess I want to slap the ‘whine’ out of her. Like seriously. I was happy when Grey refused to let her tantrums get to him. He saw what he had done was wrong because it hurt Maddie. And he fixed it. Better than she could have done on her own.


And he was there when she needed him the most. When it counted he was there. That in and of itself I think may have helped their ‘relationship’ for now. I have a feeling they are all about to get tossed into a meat grinder and tossed like a Caesar salad. That’s the name of the game after all. I can’t wait until the next volume is here!!!



11789676.jpg



billionaires kiss EM.jpg
Many thanks to Sloan Storm, from whom I received a free copy of this work in exchange for an honest review.


***small spoiler alert***


This is the third “chapter” of the Never Never Man serial series.  It seems times for Maddie are bound to get worse before they get better.  She has been self medicating with copious amounts of alcohol to combat her disappointment with her acting career and the stress of running her concierge service.  She feels like the business is really Grey’s business, not her own, due to him holding all of the power in their working relationship.  Despite good advice from her friend Katy, she is determined to make a go of her dream.  I thought she got this straight in the last book?  Maddie goes so far as to accept an audition and then a part from her evil ex Trevor, who is working for a studio.  While in conversation with Grey about the business she tells him that she will be acting, his wishes be damned.  


Grey makes plans to go out to LA and set her priorities straight once again. I’ll admit, Maddie’s attitude over the past two installments have had me wanting to smack her.  I have to remind myself that she is, after all, only 23.  Grey kills the movie (see what happens when you have LOTS of money) and Maddie runs away like a pissed off kid.


To my surprise, Grey goes after her, and brings her back to LA.  He apologizes to her for squashing her dream, leading to their tentative reconciliation.  But he is still trying to keep her at arm’s length, so when she questions where their relationship is going he shuts her down harshly.  This leads to a bad cycle of self destructive behavior from Maddie, and when Grey witnesses the extreme of her downward spiral I think it shakes him.  He is closer to her than he would like to even admit to himself.  But has he gone too far? Can their relationship, such as it is, survive in the face of his words?  Will Grey finally stop lying to himself and admit that he feels for her?  Soon they may be forced to face reality, despite their differences.


The next novella is called “Billionaire’s Threat”.  Draw from that what you will…..


Billionaire's Pursuit
(Never Never Man Series Bk#1)


Buy Links:


25192226.jpg
Billionaire's Caress
(Never Never Man Series Bk#2)


Buy Links:



25209514.jpg
Billionaire's Threat
(Never Never Man Series Bk#4)


Release Date: May 6, 2015 > Add to Goodread's TBR



25209531.jpg
Billionaire's Trust
(Never Never Man Series Bk#5)


Release Date: May 20, 2015 > Add to Goodreads' TBR  





Sloan Storm is a verbally difficult, yet physically generous, writer who pens imaginative yarns based on dominant men and the women who challenge them. As such, power plays and passion are the heart of each and every story. The writer's creative tendencies may drift as the mood strikes, but the essence of all tales told wind up back at the same place... the polarizing difference between the sexes.


After all, what else is there in life?




     


Become a member of Sloan Storms Facebook Street Team
[Click the banner to go to the FB page]



Blog  *  Facebook  *  Goodreads  *  Tsu  *  Tumblr  *  Twitter  *  Pinterest  *  Google+


No comments:

Post a Comment