Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Author of the Day... Lola Dodge

lola dodge author of the day.jpg

Quanta
The Shadow Ravens Series
Book 2
Pages: unknown
Published: October 13, 2015
Published by: Ink Monster LLC


Synopsis:
In the not-too-distant future, DNA determines a person’s place in the social hierarchy. The immortal Seligo rule while those branded as Red Helixes are killed at birth before their genetic instabilities can morph into destructive, uncontrollable powers.

Quanta is the rare exception to the Red Helix curse. Her code is unprecedented, making her a valuable specimen, but when the scientists figure out how she ticks, her organs will be in jars on Dr. Tenma Nagi’s desk. She’s only survived to twenty by playing catatonic and suppressing her ability to see through time and manipulate objects in space.

When genetics prodigy Altair Orpheus enters her padded prison, everything changes. His picture-perfect body looks like it was built from a catalog (it probably was), and he does the unthinkable, treating Quanta like a person instead of a lab rat. She falls hard for this bespectacled hottie in mismatched socks.

But love comes with a price, and Quanta’s powers are suddenly supercharged. She can’t hide when she’s drowning in images of the future and the voices of the dead. Staying captive means certain death and escape is suicide—Quanta’s only chance is embracing her powers, but messing with time is the most dangerous choice of all.



Buy Links:
Pre-Order
Amazon : B&N : iBooks : Kobo  


11789676.jpg

Author Interview:

What's it like being a Writer Monster?
I’m super lucky to be part of the Ink Monster crew : ) I was the first one to be brought on as a full-time Writer Monster, so I’ve had a voice in the Angelbound and Alpha Girl worlds from almost the beginning, and my first book, Quanta (the second story in our shared Shadow Ravens world), is finally coming out this October. We collaborate on everything, and having three heads has been so much better than going it alone as a solo writer. I do a mix of editing and writing depending on what’s needed, and spend the rest of my time fangirling over the awesome stuff Christina and Aileen are doing. A few months ago, I was Skyping with Aileen about demons and Weres and plots for Bruja, and afterward I just had this moment of realization, like, my fifteen-year-old self would be so pumped that this is my life.

What's your advice for aspiring writers?
Tell the story that only you can tell. I always get storyteller envy—like I’ll never write something as good and lasting as Harry Potter or Anne of Green Gables or The Golden Compass. But I’m not J.K. Rowling and neither are you. You have to find your own stories and voices and embrace your strengths without comparing yourself to other writers.

What's the best thing about being a writer?
Location independence is my favorite thing ever. I wrote Quanta in a mixture of Taipei, Seoul, Bali, Florida, and Thailand and I’ve done crazy indulgent things in the name of “research.” For example, an insane full-day spa package at a five-star hotel in Bangkok…because my character was doing that, and I needed a frame of reference, right??

What are you currently working on?
I’ve been plotting out more Shadow Ravens and getting my ducks in a row for a certain Alpha Girl spin-off that I’m writing for 2016. Aileen and I have been working closely to make sure it will be amazing, and I’m so excited to get the chance to poke around her world. I’ve been a fan of Tessa and the gang for so long it almost feels like writing fanfic : )

11789676.jpg

...Other books in the series...

Cipher (The Shadow Ravens, #1)
(Written by Aileen Erin)



About the Author:
Lola Dodge is a compulsive traveler, baker, and procrastinator. She earned her BA in English from Stonehill College and MFA in Writing Popular Fiction from Seton Hill University—and hasn’t stopped moving since. When she’s not on the road, Lola spends her time indoors where the sunlight can’t melt her, writing or bingeing on anime and cherry soda. She can be summoned in a ritual involving curry, Hello Kitty idols, and a solid chocolate pentagram.


nook.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment