Sunday, May 31, 2015

Our Reviews... Jessa Jacobs' Surrender the Bet

Surrender the Bet (Full Tilt Billionaire, #4)
Better the Devil you know than the Devil you don't.

I didn't know Marc anymore. Where was the charming man who won my heart? The on again off again nature of our personal relationship wore me out, but his slightest touch brought me back into his arms, helpless to withstand his power over my desires.

Now he has banished me.

Must I really give him up forever?

add-to-goodreads-button3.png
_____________________________________________________________

**Barb’s Review**
surrender the bet.jpg

Holy Poker chips, Batman!

Okay, first off, thanks to the author for providing me with a copy of this installment to read in exchange for an honest review. This is an awesome serial series. Jessa has taken something that is new (for me at least, meaning the whole gambling aspect) and turned it into a hot little story of adventure, sexiness and just good storytelling.

Secondly, I repeat. Holy Poker Chips, Batman! Marc has lost his ever loving, pig headed, stupid mobster mind! Okay, his family is pissed at Tara. So he is stuck between a rock and a hard place but oh my god he is being a little bitch! A HUGE arsehole too. Grow a pair man. I mean, damn. Poor Tara. I swear if I was her I'd have rung his bell, stepped on his nuts and walked away without a second glance. Though that is kinda what happens but she doesn't let him suffer long enough. lack of things to do can make you go back to stupid but damn.

The man has serious issues. I-S-S-U-E-S I tell ya, Issues!

He sort of redeems himself when they go off for the tournament. He and Tara grow close again. Spending extra time doing things that she likes. Marc lets her get back into that bubble of security and then like usual his arse makes a show and it all goes up in smoke. Hot flaming smoke. Because since he is a pussy Marc lets his family dictate his life. Tell him who and what he can and can't do. I get it they are the mob and all of that but for Christ sake there comes a time in a man’s life where he has to suck up what he has been taught and act like his own man.

Time to suck it up buttercup! I really hope his balls grow back and he tells him family what they can do with their ultimatums. He and Tara belong together for so many reasons, one being that they both love each other. Yes, I said it looooooove. Its not a curse word. But it maybe something they miss out on if he doesn't get this head from the sand.


11789676.jpg


**Emmy’s Review **
surrender the bet.jpg

Many thanks to the author, from whom I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

The hits just keep coming for Tara and Marc.  Tara found Marc’s family secret in Hard Hand, and when they return from Atlantic City, Marc tells her that she should take a nice long vacation, for her own safety. His family is not to be trifled with, and (unbeknownst to Tara) he is doing all he can to keep her out of their cross hairs.  Tara, for her part, is upset at the loss of their relationship, and curses herself for a dozen different kinds of a fool for thinking that she and Marc could ever have a real romance.  

I have enjoyed the developments with the family angle, but I would think that now that Tara has been told, she would have been able to put two and two together and realized she was in danger.  But like magnets, it’s not long before the two of them are drawn together again.   They tell themselves that it’s their gambling relationship that’s paramount, but they can’t help themselves.  They are terribly fun characters to watch bounce off of each other: in my opinion, Tara and Marc are one my favorite couples of all the books I have read this year.  

Just when we start to get comfortable and think that things are finally looking up we are hit with another bomb.  The “family” has only just begun to meddle, which will surely have disastrous consequences for their budding romance, and possibly Tara’s very life.

The next chapter cannot come soon enough.

St Team Post Avi.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment