Friday, June 26, 2015

Spotlight Tour... Jamie Rae's Call Sign KARMA

★ Call Sign KARMA Spotlight ★

CALLSIGNKARMA.jpg

Blurb:

Love in the no-fly zone…

Distraught over the loss of her brother in a fighter jet accident, Tinklee Pinkerton decides to follow in his footsteps and prove the tragedy wasn’t his fault. But when she’s chosen as the first woman to fly the Air Force’s F-35, her plan for a life that revolves around work is thrown off course by a handsome, mysterious stranger…

Thanks to Locke’s seductive British accent, sweet nature, and one too many beers, Tink is soon inspired to throw caution to the wind and herself into his arms. She thinks maybe love can heal after all—until she discovers Locke is her superior officer. Tink has no problem risking her life in the air, but with everything on the line, is she brave enough to risk her heart on the ground?



CSK_Sale1.png

Buy links:
Amazon US : AU : CA : UK


A message from Jamie Rae and a special excerpt:
I get asked a lot who my favorite character was to write in Call Sign Karma and why? I spent so much time with Tink, that of course, I love her. She has a lot of my own voice––my inside voice, her outside voice. ☺  So I’m going to disqualify her from the running and will say Ash. I really had fun writing his character. He has a boyish charm, quick-wit and he’s an all-around stand-up guy. It also doesn’t hurt that he’s super hot and Special Forces. Here’s a sneak peek into a Tink and Ash scene.

I turned to walk inside. A guy stepped in front of me, blocking my path. I moved
to the right and he did the same. I moved to the left and he followed. I was about to throw
a jab to his trachea when I glanced up. The Combat Rescue Officer. The one from the
first day of class. I didn’t have time to chat. I needed to get out of here.
"Hey there, Tinklee Pinkerton," he said as his brown eyes sparkled.
Damn it. Not now. I tried to move around him. He blocked me again.
"How’s the Jeep?"
Dimples formed as his lip curled into a grin. I was usually a sucker for dimples.
Any other time maybe, but not now.
"Are you ever going to talk to me?"
"I am going to ask you to move," I said and slammed my hands on my hips.
"Why, you just got here?"
"I’m meeting someone, somewhere else." Drop another one into the lie bucket.
"No, you’re not."
I stepped to the left and he followed. I slid to the right and he did the same. This
dance was tiring. And I wasn’t impressed or in the mood.
"What are you doing?" I asked and tried to keep my voice calm.
"Trying to buy you a drink," he replied with a smile.
"I’m not thirsty, and I’m leaving."
"You don’t have anywhere to go and you know it. Come on, let me buy you a
drink."
I shook my head at him without an answer.
His smile widened as he bent down on one knee. I gulped, immediately feeling
people’s eyes focusing on us. My cheeks warmed.
"Stand up," I begged between clenched teeth. "People are staring."
"Say yes."
I leaned down and grabbed for him. "Stop, they think you are asking me to marry
you."
"Say yes!" Someone shouted.
"Get up," I said and reached out to tug on his arm.
"Yes! Yes! Yes!" The bar chanted.
He stared up at me with an adoring look on his face. He was basking in the
attention. I wanted to die, but first, I wanted to kill him.
"Yes! Yes! Yes!" The bar continued to cheer.
He winked.
I glanced toward the bar, immediately spotting a frowning Locke leaned against
the bar. His green-eyed expression gave me the nudge I needed.
"Fine. Yes," I shouted and decided to play along. "Yes!"
"She said yes!" He raised his arms like he scored.
The entire bar applauded, everyone except Locke. I couldn’t hold back the smirk
that crept across my face. I wanted him to feel the pain. To hurt the way that I’d hurt.
The crazy guy dipped me back and pressed his lips to mine. I gasped. The crowd
went wild. He grabbed me by the waist, swung me around, and carried me to the bar. I
would kill him as soon as everyone stopped congratulating us.
"Give us another round," he said and winked at a small redhead. She looked like
she might erupt into flames.
I scanned the room and I didn’t see Locke anywhere. I hoped that I ruined his
birthday.
"Do you always make guys work that hard to buy you a drink?" His dimples
returned.
"Do you always have to work that hard to buy a girl a drink?" Looking at him, I
knew the answer. He looked like an artist had chiseled his muscles from stone.
"Oh come on, Tinklee Pinkerton. That was funny. And besides, it worked. Look
who’s having a drink with me." He winked.
I wouldn’t give him the satisfaction of agreeing.
"Here’s to the future missus, and many years of keeping you barefoot and
pregnant in both the bedroom and the kitchen." He toasted with a raised shot glass of Jack
Daniels.
I raised my glass. "Here’s to the future Mister and his many bottles of lotion and
frozen dinners."
I swallowed the amber liquid. It burned. He chuckled as he reached up and wiped
a drop of whiskey from my lip. A light tingle lingered where he touched.
"By the way, I’m Ash."
Though rugged around the edges, he was annoyingly charming and funny. Special
Forces. Definitely more than I bargained for, but hell, if I was pseudo-engaged to this
guy, then why not have some fun. I’d already decided against my one-night stand plan,
but I liked irritating Locke, and Ash was easy on the eyes.

Ash’s story is coming next so you’ll have to stay tuned but in the meantime tell me…Who is you favorite type of guy in uniform?

11789676.jpg
Barb’s Review for Call Sign Karma
Originally posted 1/13/15

call sign karma.jpg

11789676.jpg

JamieRae
Author Information:

JAMIE RAE is a New Adult and Young Adult author. She writes with one goal in mind--create stories with a positive message that will stay with the reader long after they've finished reading.

Jamie is an avid reader and loves discovering stories with a great hook, though she will not eat, sleep, or speak until she reaches the end. The Harry Potter years weren't pretty!! Convinced that her Hogwarts letter was lost in the mail, she keeps a watchful eye for owls hoping her children will have better luck!

In her other life, Jamie Rae is an orthodontist, and literary agent. She keeps her heart overflowing with love as a mother of three and has perfected the art of nomadic living as a military spouse and Air Force veteran. Jamie has a passion for critters of all shapes and sizes and you can often find her sneaking them into her own home or volunteering for rescues.

Author Links:

-zlogo

B&E main avi tag.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment