Friday, July 24, 2015

Barb's Book Review... Suspicion At Sea

When FBI Agent Ellie Marks goes on vacation to Bailey Island in Maine, she plans on having a relaxing few weeks to reset her mind. After an extreme undercover mission and being shot, she needs some time to forget everything horrible that has happened in her life.

She doesn't plan, however, on meeting Justin Bennett, an ex Navy Seal. An instant attraction forms like neither have ever experienced, bonding them.

A mysterious disappearance of three of the island's residents begins a chain reaction of secrets that changes everything they thought they knew.

The only thing Justin knows for sure is that he doesn't plan on letting anything get in the way of his and Ellie's happiness.




Buy Links:
Amazon  US : AU : CA : UK
_______________________________________________________________

Suspicion at Sea - bs.jpg

First off, thanks to Hot Tree Promotions and Amie Nichols for providing me a copy of Suspicion At Sea to read in exchange for an honest review.

Secondly... Holy crab cakes and lobster tails! I have to say I love, love, loved this story. From page one I was pulled into a wicked world of lies, deceit and determined characters. Ellie and Justin are a tag team couple that starts off with a bang... And a romp in a cave! It's like BOOYAH! Mine. Claimed! Taken! Not entitled for a return. (Laughs)

My heart was tugged at with not only Ellie and her story of what has happened to her but with Justin. Ellie's 'frogman' has a wicked story of his own to work through. They have their ups and downs but thankfully that connection is there from day one. That instant connection very few people are lucky enough to have slams into them both. And to think it all started with a talk of aliens...

Ellie is supposed to be on vacation on the small island, Bailey's Island, she is supposed to relax. But of course that's not what happens. Justin, sweet, sexy, broody Justin is supposed to be playing hardball with the tourists and just playing the field. That all works until he meets Ellie. Then things start rolling down a rocky hill. Seems Ellie's past is not so past anymore. Thank goodness her partner Cody and now Justin have her back. Ellie is a bad-ass in her own right but when you have two men ready to take a bullet for you it makes everything else take a backseat.

The FBI, the courts, and so many other agencies seem to have people in the pockets on the old gang both Ellie and Justin spent two years in deep cover to catch doing illegal acts. Running guns, drugs and trafficking young girls. Ellie did everything she could to make sure they were put away but just as the time winds down and she starts to get ready for her regular routine of going back to work her vacay turns into a war zone.

It's a joint effort now to not only keep Ellie safe and away from the gang's leader but to find the idiots working for him and put them down. It's the only way to stop the cycle of craziness from starting up again.

And in the end it's a bittersweet moment that makes all of the pain and suffering that Ellie's been put through hell but also starts the next chapter in her new life. A new dawn, a new love and a start to something beautiful.


________________________________________________________________

About the Author:
I've have met some amazing woman on my journey so far, and have learned so much. (Sometimes the hard way.) I've been like a sponge soaking up all the information I can on how the publishing world works. It's been a rollercoaster ride with its ups and its downs.

No matter what, I will never regret anything I've done. You can't succeed if you don't try, and if you don't try you won't succeed. One of my favorite quotes "If the dream is big enough the facts don't matter".

Some other info about me, I love my family, friends, wine and anything caffeinated. I also love writing HEA. For the same reason I won't watch a movie that I know will make me cry, (with the exception of Steel Magnolias) I will never write a book without a HEA. There might be a few twists and turns, a cliffhanger or two. But ultimately my stories will leave you feeling warm and fuzzy inside. For me, reading is entertainment, a way to escape this crazy insane world. If a book leaves me feeling sad, mad or gut wrenched, it is not for me. There is enough gut-wrenching sadness in this world, I don't need to read about it too.

I started writing four years ago, and have no plans on stopping. So keep your eye on me because with the help of some amazing people and my wonderful fans, this girl is going to be on the New York Times bestselling list someday.


Barb Avi (2).jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment