Sunday, July 26, 2015

Emmy's Review... Bewildered

Bewildered (Irrationally His, #2)
What had gotten into me? As a student, I’d sketched nudes before. Not once had I been tempted to have sex with any of them. Not even the really hot ones. It was as plain as the sexy tattoo on Travis’s shoulder that I was out of control and getting worse by the minute.

I wasn't sure what this was, but I couldn't seem to stop, and Travis didn't make it any easier with his constant temptations. I couldn't help but feel it wouldn't end well, and yet, I was drawn to him like a moth to a flame. I knew how that usually turned out. We were playing a dangerous game, one where I knew I could be hurt. But was it fair that innocent bystanders could also get hurt?

Bewildered is Part Two of a 5-part serial. It is not a standalone; expect a cliffhanger. Please note estimated pages. Recommended for mature audiences 18+ due to sexual content.




Buy Links:
Amazon  US : AU : CA : DE : IN : UK
_______________________________________________________________

Bewildered.jpg

Many thanks to the author, who gave me a copy of Bewildered in exchange for my honest review.

It feels wrong to say it, but I think I like this series even better than Jessa’s previous series, Full Tilt Billionaire.  

The chemistry between Chelsea and her step brother Travis has retained its intensity into this second installment.  These two have no problem with each other, physically.  Despite his best intentions, however, Travis seems to be developing an emotional problem - he’s getting attached.  He has several fits of jealousy in this story,  and is watching Chelsea like a hawk.  (I think it’s cute…)

Chelsea has to face some demons of her past, brought back both by accident and incident.  You get glimpses of the origins of her insecurity about her looks, and about her inability to trust.  This is no longer just a fun roll in the hay;  in this installment we start to care for these characters as real people, with all the messy emotional traumas and problems we can all identify with.

Personally, I am anticipating Chelsea’s best friend showing up at the ranch, which I think will be happening soon.  Cozy sounds like a firecracker, and I can’t wait to hear her commentary!  

_______________________________________________________________

13798086.jpg

About the Author:
Like you, I’m a reader. When I read a good story with characters I can connect with, my everyday existence fades into the background as I enter a world that may contain exotic locations, adventure and excitement. And, if I can be totally honest with you, in my favorite stories I can fall in love for a while with an impossibly gorgeous guy who is the best lover imaginable.

So, maybe it won’t come as a surprise that in my books you’ll find hot alpha male book-boyfriends, sassy heroines who are much more clever and beautiful than I am, and stories I hope will make you laugh and cry while reading them, as I did while writing them. Oh, and some scenes you may want to role-play with your lover.

When I’m not writing (which is almost never) I enjoy reading, hiking in the foothills near Denver, live blues music, karaoke and now and then indulging in her karaoke habit.


Emmy Avi (3).jpg

1 comment: