Friday, July 24, 2015

Our Double Review... Bothered

Bothered: A Cowboy Stepbrother Romance (Irrationally His Book 1)
“You do know you’re trespassing, right?”
“I’m not trespassing.”
He quirked one eyebrow, the challenge clear. Then he looked pointedly at my chest again.
I crossed my arms. “My mother is married to the owner of this ranch.”
His eyes widened. “Is she? How nice for you.”
With a cocky grin, he tossed my shirt to me, but didn’t look away. “I’m crushed you don’t remember me, Sis.”

It was one of the most humiliating moments of my life. It was supposed to be private here, but I’d been caught sunbathing nude.

The hot cowboy got a much better look at me than I got at him, but it didn’t matter anyway. He was off-limits. I’d just met my stepbrother after ten years of avoiding the hateful brat. During which, I guess we both grew up.



Buy Links:
Amazon US : AU : CA : UK
_______________________________________________________________

~~Barb’s Review~~

bothered bs.jpg

First, thanks to the author, Jessa Jacobs, for providing me a copy of Bothered to read in exchange for an honest review.

Secondly, I loved this story. From the moment she told me what it would revolve around she had my attention. To say I was intrigued would be putting it mildly. This is a taboo subject for some but for me I look at it like this. The characters are in no way shape or fashion blood related in any way. Yes it could be frowned upon but they are both consenting adults. Who are we to judge. Its not something I would do in my life but then I play for the opposite team so its not like it would be a thing for me anyhow. (laughs hard)

So we have two adults who as scrawny teenagers hated each other after one summer under the same roof. After they are told their parents are getting married. Lets just say it’s wasn't a love in the making to start with but they managed to get it all sorted. But today as adults there is a spark that is between them. Travis, a successful businessman now living in Denver is thrust back into Chelsea's life when they are brought home for their parents 10th wedding anniversary.

One moment Chelsea's life is Topsy Turvy but when Travis, who has grown into a big sack of deliciousness shows his face he finds her not only topless in a meadow but sees she has grown up as well. And the woman before him has filled out into a nice big bag of skittles. Travis is ready to taste the rainbow! Uh, and yes he does. Chelsea has no idea whats about to turn her life upside down again but there is no denying the attraction between the two of them. Its not something either of them expected but by golly they are going to enjoy it while they can.



~~Emmy’s Review~~

bothered em.jpg

Many thanks to Jessa Jacobs, who provided me a free copy of Bothered in exchange for my honest review.

Following up on the rousing success of Jessa’s previous serial, Full Tilt Billionaire, comes a new serial: Irrationally His. This is a stepbrother romance, and also a five part serial.

One disclaimer, for those who may be squicked by the term “stepbrother romance”: these are not children who were raised together from a young age. There is virtually no familial relationship between them, other than the fact that her mom married his dad back when they both were teenagers. They spent one summer living in the same house, and have not seen each other since. So there is no squick to be had here, unless you’re just looking for a reason to squick.

Chelsea is a down on her luck artist, not long out of college. She has traveled to Montana to her mom and stepdad’s ranch, because they are having a huge week long celebration for their 10th anniversary. Chelsea is hoping that she can stay with them for awhile, as she has lost her job, and therefore her apartment because she couldn’t pay the rent. The book opens with her sunbathing topless in a peaceful, sun drenched field. She’s fallen asleep in the field when she is awakened by Travis, her stepbrother. He recognized her, after having spent several minutes admiring her chest. She doesn’t recognize him until he tells her who he is. She’s humiliated and enraged, of course, but also immediately attracted to him, despite her brain screaming at her that he’s her stepbrother, and therefore off limits.

For his part, Travis is interested as well, amused at her anger and attracted to the woman she has matured into when all he remembered of her was an annoying teenager. He gives her a lift on his horse back to the ranch, because the other ranch hands were driving cattle to that field . When she returns to the house she calls her BFF Cosy (Cosette) and tells her all about it, and how embarrassed/turned on she was. Cosy tells her to make like Meg White, and bang that boy like a drum. Chelsea is hung up on the the whole “Ew, no, he’s my stepbrother” thing. Travis has no qualms about that at all - “taboo” is not a problem for him.

They snark at each other in each successive meeting, the tension building to a fever pitch. They both worry about what impact an affair between them would have on their parents, each in their own head. Jessa does a great job of emphasizing that these two people are really complete strangers to each other, despite the small detail of them sharing a stepparent. The feeling of “I really shouldn’t be doing this” is strong as well, which only adds the the build up for Chelsea and Travis. When they finally boil over, it’s mind blowing for both of them.

But where do they go from there? Will they risk the possible repercussions to continue their affair? Suddenly Chelsea is inspired to pick up her painting again, and I don’t think it’s because of the beautiful Montana landscape….

________________________________________________________________

13798086.jpg                                                                                                
About the Author:
Like you, I'm a reader. When I read a good story with characters I can connect with, my everyday existence fades into the background as I enter a world that may contain exotic locations, adventure and excitement. And, if I can be totally honest with you, in my favorite stories I can fall in love for a while with an impossibly gorgeous guy who is the best lover imaginable.

So, maybe it won't come as a surprise that in my books you'll find hot alpha male book-boyfriends, sassy heroines who are much more clever and beautiful than I am, and stories I hope will make you laugh and cry while reading them, as I did while writing them. Oh, and some scenes you may want to role-play with your lover.

Why not take a chance? All of my stories are perfect for a lunch-break escape, and priced less than a cup of coffee. In fact, if you subscribe to Kindle Unlimited, they won't cost you another dime, so take as many as you want! They're calorie-free, too!

If you'd like to know more about me, my books, or special offers for free reading, please check my website at www.jessajacobs.com. I’m also available on Facebook and Twitter.



b & e avi 1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment