Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Release Blitz... Sloan Storm's Slipperless Book 2


Title: Slipperless (Book #2)
Series: Slipperless: A Billionaire Love Story #2
Author: Sloan Storm
Release Date: July 1, 2015


Blurb
Hot. Sweaty. Wall Sex. In my boss' office... That couldn't possibly be a mistake.
Right?
I may have won the competition, but I'm far from winning with Gabe. His demands are pushing me to the limit, and I'm beginning to wonder if I can handle them much longer.
But my grandmother’s condition is worsening, and keeping this job has become critical. I may have no choice but to submit to Gabe's schedule...and his appetite.
Worse yet, now that I've confirmed the rumors of his prowess, I find myself less interested in keeping things professional and more focused on satisfying the needs he's awakened within me.
But to have any chance of keeping my job, I have to do something and soon. If I don't, the consequences could cost me everything.
Can I resist my charming bastard of a boss? And more importantly, will he let me?

This is the second book in a Billionaire Erotic Romance series presented in serial format. It is not a standalone. All individual entries are currently free with Kindle Unlimited.






Links to Buy
99c
AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU



Review:

slipperless 2 - em.jpg

First, many thanks to Sloan Storm, who provided this reader a free copy of Slipperless in exchange for an honest review.

Mixed signals, man, I got a lot of mixed signals out of this book.  I had a hard time trying to figure out just what it was that Gabe wanted out of Fiona - and that was while I was reading his POV!  

Fiona’s grandmother’s illness is getting worse, and she is refusing more treatment. If that’s not stress enough, since Fiona won the leadership position in the lab in the last installment, Gabe is expecting her to do just that: lead. (That, at least, is entirely reasonable.)  Fiona is in no way a natural leader, and is having a hard time being over the lab.  Two of her coworkers are trying to sabotage her efforts at every turn.  The rest of the lab rats are not accustomed to the pace that Fiona herself works at, and feel that she is driving them too hard to complete the work.  Instead of coming to her, however, it gets back to Gabe.  Gabe counsels her on leading her team in such a way to get the work done quickly, without them feeling as though she is standing over them with a whip.  Fiona’s ideas are solid though, so solid that Gabe wants her to present them to the higher ups in the company herself.  Fiona balks: she’s all ready in the uncomfortable position of being over people, but talking in a room full of important people makes her freeze up like the Arctic.  She can’t do it, she says, she just can’t - she’ll have a panic attack.  Gabe is relentless, making it either she does the presentation or it’s her job.  

I’ll admit, I’m not loving the whole power structure of their relationship.  Gabe is not only her erstwhile lover, who basically has her at his beck and call, but also her boss, who can just as easily kick her out the door in a heartbeat.  Fiona comes across as nervous as a cat, and I can’t blame her.  Until she gets some power of her own, I just don’t see this working out well.  She can’t stand up to him about their affair because, well, she’s kind of a wimp, and she fears if she puts her foot down about work he will fire her and she will lose the only supply of cash that is keeping her grandmother’s expensive treatments going.  I would love to see her get in his face and tell him all about himself, but she is just too damn afraid to do it.  She’s got too much to lose right now.  

As for Gabe: it’s a well known fact that I don’t like assholes.  While we are in his head (in his POV) what he wants for Fiona seems clear, until he opens his mouth and confuses the heck out of both Fiona and me.  I don’t recall ever hearing him establish (in his head or out loud) any parameters for their relationship.  If work was work and had no effect on their personal affairs that would be one thing, they could separate the two.  But Gabe doesn’t seem to be interested in bringing Fiona closer into his life.  He does show evidence of wanting to improve her career, and make her more confident, a better leader, and in that respect I feel like he’s got her best interests at heart.  I just don’t always agree with how he goes about expressing it. That scene in the restaurant made me want to strangle him with his tie.

I’m looking forward to the next installment.  By the end of this one Fiona had resigned herself to doing this big presentation, and I really hope she knocks it out of the park.  It would do her self esteem a world of good.  It would thrill me to death to see Gabe taken down a peg; to see him truly need something from Fiona - besides that, get your head out of the gutter.  He’s built up this exoskeleton around himself: an alpha-male, bossy, always in control and cool under fire shell.  I would love to see that shell cracked open; show me the mess you really must be inside.  Fiona is the reverse of this, she’s thin skinned, afraid and nervous, a raw nerve.  They’re exact opposites, and I can’t wait to see how they change each other.


Also Available

99c
AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU




Author Bio:
Sloan Storm is a verbally difficult, yet physically generous, writer who pens imaginative yarns based on dominant men and the women who challenge them.

As such, power plays and passion are the heart of each and every story. The writer's creative tendencies may drift as the mood strikes, but the essence of all tales told wind up back at the same place... the polarizing difference between the sexes.

After all, what else is there in life?

When not glued to a keyboard creating tales of whimsy, Sloan loves to talk to fans! If you want to connect, you can do it in any number of ways:



Author Links:

PR Group Avis.jpg    

B&E main avi tag.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment