Sunday, August 23, 2015

Emmy's Review... Slipperless #5

Slipperless (Slipperless, #5)
Left without a job, without family and without hope, I find myself near a complete breakdown.

My future at Hawkins Biotech now seems impossible, one spent with Gabe even more so. Yet because of my crushing debt, I'm left with little choice but a wary acceptance of his offer to return.

Not long after doing so, I discover that not only have things gotten worse with the Link Protocol, but Gabe had no intention of honoring the terms of our agreement. I should have known better.

Still, with so much at risk, I have no choice but to fight through all of it if I ever hope to have what I want out of life.

Through it all, I can’t help but wonder - will Gabe ever do the same for me?




Buy Links:
Amazon US : AU : CA : UK
____________________________________________________________

slipperless 5 -em.jpg

Many thanks to Sloan Storm, who provided a free copy of Slipperless in exchange for an honest review.

This is the fifth and final installment of the Slipperless series, and I’m glad to say, my favorite of the five.

The Fiona that returns to Hawkins Biotech in this book is an irrevocably changed woman.  She is still dealing with events from the previous book, but instead of being broken by her grief, she has become stronger for it.  She takes back the reins of the lab, and makes some sweeping changes.  She surprises herself, Gabe, and her lab team with her decisions.  I cheered, she should have done this long ago, but lacked the confidence.  She maintains her strong stance to her coworkers, making her standards stick.  Her relationship with Gabe is her only “weak” point, and she soon finds herself back in his arms.  

How does Gabe react to the “new” Fiona?  You might be surprised…  Gabe is used to getting exactly what he wants, but this Fiona tests both his patience and his control.  Her work is flawless, her attitude is surprising, and Gabe has to decide if he can live with or without her in his life.

Occasionally during the course of this series, I have wanted to grab both Gabe and Fiona, and shake some sense into them.  I have never seen too more stubborn characters, who never do exactly what you expect them to. I was happy to witness Fiona’s growth as a person, and I can honestly say that I’ve become genuinely fond of Gabe.   I’ve enjoyed this series and look forward to this author’s next work.
____________________________________________________________


About the Author:
Sloan Storm is a verbally difficult, yet physically generous, writer who pens imaginative yarns based on dominant men and the women who challenge them.

As such, power plays and passion are the heart of each and every story. The writer's creative tendencies may drift as the mood strikes, but the essence of all tales told wind up back at the same place... the polarizing difference between the sexes.

After all, what else is there in life?

When not glued to a keyboard creating tales of whimsy, Sloan loves to talk to fans! If you want to connect, you can do it in any number of ways:


Emmy Avi (3).jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment