Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Release Day... Susan Stoker's Justice For Mackenzie



Justice For Mackenzie
Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes; Book 1
174 Pages
Published: August 4, 2015
Published By: Susan Stoker



Blurb:
A member of the famed Texas Rangers, Daxton Chambers has dealt with more than his share of depravity. But the Lone Star Reaper takes evil to a whole new level, kidnapping and burying women alive. It's Dax's job to help keep San Antonio safe, but even with help from friends in various law enforcement agencies, the killer remains two steps ahead. It's hardly the ideal time for a relationship, but Mackenzie Morgan is too luscious to resist. Dax wants her--which makes her an instant target for his newfound enemy.


When the Reaper gets personal, it will take every ounce of Daxton's considerable skill and training to keep Mack alive.








Buy Links:
Amazon US : UK


Excerpt:
“How come you never wear a skirt?”
Mackenzie scrunched up her nose in disgust. “Ugh. I hate them.”
“Why?” Even as Dax asked, he knew he’d get an earful. Sometimes he purposefully asked her things that he knew she’d ramble on about because he loved to hear her talk.
“Because they’re sexist. I mean really. Back in the dark ages, it was the men who wore skirts…or togas or kilts, or whatever they were called. Their legs were sticking out, showing off their knees, exposing their backsides if they fell over. Sometime in the last thousand years, some man came to his senses and decided he’d rather see a woman’s knees and backside.”
“Thanks for the history lesson, Mack. Now…why do you really not wear skirts?”
Mackenzie smirked at Daxton. “Do you know, I actually like this position. I can look you in the eye and don’t have to worry about you getting a crick in your back from leaning down to me, and I don’t have to worry about getting a cramp from looking up at you.”
At his raised eyebrow, Mackenzie sighed, knowing she’d been trying to avoid answering his question. “So there was this one time right after I graduated from college and had my first job. I was extremely proud of myself and felt very professional. I bought myself a bunch of new suits to wear to work. I thought I looked very sharp. The first day of work, there were three men who, when they met me, looked me up and down and their eyes stayed fixated on my legs. The second day, I had a woman tell me, politely, that if I needed help shopping for professional clothes she’d be happy to go to the mall with me to pick out more appropriate clothes. On the third day, when I was wearing my favorite of the three skirt sets I’d bought especially for my new job, I slipped in the lobby. My legs went flying out from under me and my skirt came up around my waist as I fell and gave everyone standing around a cooter shot. I heard the security team had it on the security cameras and passed it around to everyone in the company. That was the last time I wore a skirt to work.”
“That shit is illegal.”
Mackenzie put her hand on Daxton’s cheek, not in the least perturbed at her story, or at his ire. “I know. I turned them in and HR fired everyone who they could prove participated in the sharing of the video.”
“I should’ve known you wouldn’t have let that pass.”
“Of course not. Assholes. That was the last time I wore a skirt to work. I’m just too clumsy to risk it again.”
_________________________________________________________________________


About the Author:
Susan Stoker has a heart as big as the state of Texas where she lives but this all American girl has also spent the last fourteen years living in Missouri, California, Colorado, and Indiana. She is quite the romantic and even met the love of her life on "Hotmail classified" before online dating and sites like match.com even existed!


Susan has been reading romance novels since middle school and once crossed out the names of the main characters in a book and changed them to her own and to the name of her crush. She's been writing scenes for years, developing her unique writing style.


Susan loves writing but her true passion is adopting dogs from rescue groups and shelters. Susan and her husband have had a total of nine "rescued" dogs since 2000 including a variety of basset hounds and bloodhounds. She has recently branched out and adopted a basset/terrier mix who acts more like a terrier than a basset (i.e. digging, eating a couch and being hyper). If you love romance and want to help her support adopting great dogs.






b,em,j,l 9.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment