Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Blog Tour... Shaniel Watson's Imperfections Come to Light



Imperfections
Come to Light

By: Shaniel Watson


SYNOPSIS:
After years of wanting her and fighting against myself, I finally had her. For one brief weekend I was whole, looking into the eyes of the woman I've always loved. The one person I'd do anything for.

Catherine Reed is the love of my life, but I blew it when she discovered her sister and I were engaged. But things have changed.

I know she doesn't want anything to do with me, she needs time. Time to heal and repair the damage the discovery of our relationship did to her and her family. I'm willing to give her time, but I will not give up on us. She is my one true addiction and a love as strong as ours is worth fighting for.

Coming back to New York to be with my family and the man I’ve always loved seemed like the perfect plan. Little did I know that I’d be living in a kind of hell after my family turned against me. In the end, I had no choice but to let go of the love of my life, Nicholas Alexander.

I'm not sure if I can ever truly recover from losing a once-in-a-lifetime love and I know things will never be the same with my family. I didn't think my life could get more complicated, but I was wrong. Consequences for the choices we've made may cost me everything.




PURCHASE LINKS:

Imperfections -


Imperfections Come to Light -


~~Emmy's Review~~
imperfections.jpg

First off, many thanks to Book Plug Promotions, and the author who provided a copy of Imperfections in exchange for an honest review.  

Fans of contemporary romance and drama will find a winner in Imperfections.  It is the story of a secret crush honed by time and separation.  When the two Cat and Nick meet again, sparks fly and old feelings can no longer be ignored.  

Cat returns to her hometown of New York from Canada, where she recently graduated college.  She’s the youngest of a well off family, and has been in love with her brother’s best friend, Nick, since she was a teenager.  He’s everything she’s ever wanted, and part of her reason for moving so far away for school was an attempt to get over him.  When she sees him again she realizes that her feelings for him have not changed one bit.  She doesn’t have time to act on it, because during her welcome home party she is hit with an announcement from her older sister that she and Nick are engaged. (Upstage much, heffa?) Cat is floored, and barely manages to keep the smile on her face.

Nick is just as surprised at this news as Cat is.  It’s true that he and Cat’s sister, Kate, slept together once, as a one time thing.  Kate came to him soon after that night, telling him that she is pregnant.  Nick has told her he will take responsibility for his child, if it truly is his child.  He wants a paternity test done as soon as the baby is old enough for a conclusive result.  He has NOT in any way ever told her that he will marry her or that he even wants to marry her; quite the opposite.  When Kate bursts out at this party telling all and sundry that they are getting married he does not object, not wanting to embarrass her in front of her whole family. (How polite - lol - any other man of my experience would have called her out right then and there) Her family doesn’t know that she’s pregnant, and after a few chapters you find out that her mom’s a real piece of work, so you understand why she hasn’t told anyone.  Now that Cat has returned, Nick really is in a pickle - he has loved Cat for years as well.  He was actually her first kiss, but didn’t want to make a move because she was his best friend’s little sister.  Like Cat, when Nick sees her again he realizes that he still feels the same for her.  Despite this mess with Kate, Nick is determined to make a connection with Cat: he’s tired of wasting time.

Kate is not going to make it easy for them, feeling that she has a claim on Nick that Cat should respect.  Nick is torn between his feelings for Cat and his duty as the possible father of Kate’s child.  Cat has a crash course in guilt and anger, her love for Nick warring with the wish for her sister’s happiness.  Half told truths threaten to tear them all apart.  When devastating old family secrets are dragged out into the open Nick, Cat and Kate are not the only ones caught in the collapse.  Can Cat and Nick find each other despite Kate’s manipulations?  What comes first, loyalty to family, or your own happiness?  In Imperfections you fill find a dramatic tale that pits sister against sister and questions just how far you are willing to go for love.


AUTHOR MEDIA LINKS:

amazon.com/author/shanielwatson
shanielwatson1@gmail.com


Giveaway:

b,em,j,l 9.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment