Thursday, September 3, 2015

One Year Ago...

Once upon a time…

There was a girl and her book. Her book was so good she wanted to shout from the rooftop about it. But she couldn’t do that. That wouldn’t be very nice. So… she decided to do something awesome for herself and others. And a dream was born.

One year ago…

I was sitting at my desk and wondering what I could do to spread the word on the awesome books that I had been reading. I had just recently gotten back into reading thanks to my fiance and Emily.. and well I love to share good things. It was after 11 pm and apparently the idea struck. I could do a blog. I had a blog a few years ago, really seems like a lifetime ago now but it was something that I knew I was missing.

So.. Paging Through The Days was born. (All of my good ideas come when I am sleep deprived and in that “I could be a zombie now” mode.) When I got to work the next day I told Emily, “Hey, I started a blog and I’ve added you to it.” Or something close to that. She is one of my best friends, she needed to join me so I kinda didn’t give her a choice. HaHa. Good thing she loves me.

And here we are…

In the past year we have gone from just our thoughts on books, movies, tv shows to reading and reviewing books gifted by authors, publishers and everyone in between, doing promotions, myself becoming a PA (personal assistant) to some of the most awesome authors that have graced the scene and falling head over heels in love with books again. The fact that we get to be a part of the dreams and aspirations of so many people wonderful talented people is a big deal. We have met people through many platforms and to say we are humbled by this fact is putting it lightly. A few good weeks ago my bestie, Jess and my fiance, Lauren joined Emily and I in the world of blogging. It’s been a wild ride and one that I have loved every moment of it. No matter what I know my girls have my back if I need it and we can now do more to help more authors and read as many books as we can. The more we read the more we can spread the awesomeness. Its the cycle of a book life. A cycle we plan to repeat for the next… few... dozen.. years. :)


On a more personal note...

I want to thank Emily, Jess and Lauren for letting me drag them into my world. It’s been a good ride. I love you all so much for so many reasons. (hand hearts) To the authors that have entrusted me and the girls with your babies, aka your books, we love that you have faith in us. We look forward to doing more with you in the future.


~Barb~

No comments:

Post a Comment