Monday, September 21, 2015

Release Blitz & Reviews... Jennifer Ryder's Switch



Title: Switch
Series: Spark #5
Author: Jennifer Ryder
Genre: Erotic Romance
Release Date: September 21, 2015



Blurb

With an ex fiancé leaving her in debt, breaking up with her girlfriend and struggling to find a place she can afford, Sophie McKenna has hit an all-time low. Everyone thinks she’s a lesbian, and she likes it that way, but her estranged parents know better.

The foul-mouthed motocross mechanic, Rocco De Luca, only has his incarcerated brother left. Every day is a battle of the mind and of the bottle. Tequila and easy women soothe the pain, but they never fill the void.

Rocco doesn’t mind offering his spare room to the hot lesbian he refers to as ‘Suds’. She won’t be clingy, far from it, and he’s keen on the idea of getting to see a bit of girl on girl action.

With such volatile personalities under the same roof, and being in April and Spencer’s wedding party, they both have to learn to get along, even though they can’t stand each other.

He never thought he might actually grow to like her.

She never thought she might actually hate him less.






Purchase Links
AMAZON US / UK / AU


Excerpt
If I poke him, will it be like waking an angry bear? I’m tempted, but I won’t. That’d be a bitchy thing to do. We might be living under the same roof, but we lead separate lives. And that’s how I want it. Completely separate. Removed. His business is his, and mine is mine.

I take a step backward and step on something metal. I crouch down and pick up a spoon. I look around underneath the coffee table, and find an empty glass bowl with remnants of green an inch below the rim.

Snatching up the bowl, the cruel absence of what I was planning to eat when I got home tonight mocks me.

The motherfucker ate my jelly.

“Hey,” I bark out with a hard shove to his shoulder.

Rocco grumbles and swings his head back violently, one eye open as he searches me out. “Who the ... what the fuck?” he hisses. Rolling onto his side, he props himself up and falls back into the couch cushions and runs his fingers down his face. His dark brown, almost-black eyes drill me, as he runs his tongue over his bottom teeth. The whites of his eyes are scattered with red, and beads of sweat lace his brow and down the sides of his face. He looks like shit. More accurately, he looks like someone who greedily smashed a bottle of primo tequila last night.

“You ate my jelly,” I say, shoving the bowl towards him.

He shrugs and his lip curls to the side. “I was hungry,” he says with a challenging gaze.

“You were fucking hungry? I haven’t been here even twenty-four hours and you’re helping yourself to my food?”

He scoffs, and I want to punch him in the face.

“It’s jelly,” he says, with a roll of his eyes. “It’s like a dollar or some shit. I’ll buy a packet. Bloody hell, I’ll buy two. No need to get your fuckin’ panties in a bunch.”

He sits up and rakes his fingers back through the longer strands of dark hair on the top of his head. He slouches farther into the couch, one hand scratching at the faded black T-shirt adorning his chest, the other hand sliding between his legs and adjusting himself.

Fucking men.

“I’m not pissed about the fact it costs bugger all. I don’t touch your shit and you don’t touch mine. Got it?”

I turn on my heel, flicking my ponytail over my shoulder. I couldn’t be arsed waiting for his response. I can’t imagine I’ll like it anyway.

“Fine,” he grumbles.

“And would it kill you to put the bloody toilet seat down?” I throw at him as I walk out the door.

His laughter echoes into the stairwell, right before the door slams shut.
Arsehole.

~~Our Reviews~~

First I must thank Jennifer Ryder and Give Me Books for allowing me a copy of Switch to read in exchange for an honest review.


**Barb’s Review**
switch.jpg

I love this series and Jen knows how to rock out some seriously awesome stories. Add in her knowledge of motocross and it’s a match made in heaven. Heaven I tell ya! And I think I am changing my love from this series. I was totally a Stone girl... but I think little man has been pushed back by the big tatted teddy bear that has a grumpy side. Ha. He is a real man, in and out. The emotional wire rope of this book is a good one. A roller coaster of epic proportions that has you falling in love with both Rocco and Sophie.

As usual when reading Jenn’s masterpiece the emotions flew right along with each page that was turned. Rocco and Sophie both have demons they battle on a daily basis. the same kinds of demons we as a society fight now. It’s easy to relate to their story and get sucked in so much that there are a few parts that the tears just fell. I mean, totally let them roll down like it was raining. HA. That made me fall in love with them and their story more.

Rocco’s little brother got himself into trouble and has landed in jail. His parents are gone so it’s on rocco’s shoulders to house the frustration, guilt and anger that flow through him daily. His way of handling it.. Tequila. If it doesn’t burn your insides out it will drown them out. Sophie has her own woe is me moments from dealing with an ex that left her high and dry and in the lurch for over 100,000 dollars. Working and trying to go to school while she battles the bank to pay off all of her bills and the ones that jackhole left her are wearing her thin. Literally. But a chance at a change in her life brings Rocco and Sophie together in the same apartment. Her renting a room from him turns out to be a little nerve wrecking. Ha. that is putting it lightly though. These two fight like cats and dogs but.. damn the sexual tension that starts between them is like a stick of TNT waiting to go off.

They move from fighting to fighting the raging emotions to Rocco winding up in the ER with a busted eye from an.. unfortunate accident… but one that set off a chain reaction that after time neither of them could fight. Thanks to that when rocco’s world came to a screeching halt and was kicked out from under him it was Sophie who had his back and pushed him to do what he needed to do to stay on the straight and narrow. To keep going and not give up. It’s a story of love, loss and new beginnings. One that I do hope we see more of in the near future. #TeamSoRoc


**Lauren’s Review**
switch.jpg

Sitting here trying to find the right words to write this review and struggling because there are no word to be able to do this book justice. Jennifer Ryder has hit it out of the ballpark with Switch. I needed a glass of wine after this one. Since Spark I have always always been a Stone girl. Jones grew on me in Strike but now Rocco has just overtaken them, and Ryan because you really can't forget the hot detective, and taken the number #1 spot for book boyfriend. I don't mean just out of the "Spark Series" either. I am talking overall winner of the all of books I have read.

Thank you Jennifer for giving me the chance to read your baby before the rest of the world and for making me fall in love with Rocco De Luca. The line "I’m about to eat the crutch out of a low flying duck" made me love you so much more than I did!

Plot:
With an ex fiancé leaving her in debt, breaking up with her girlfriend and struggling to find a place she can afford, Sophie McKenna has hit an all-time low. Everyone thinks she’s a lesbian, and she likes it that way, but her estranged parents know better.

The foul-mouthed motocross mechanic, Rocco De Luca, only has his incarcerated brother left. Every day is a battle of the mind and of the bottle. Tequila and easy women soothe the pain, but they never fill the void.

Rocco doesn’t mind offering his spare room to the hot lesbian he refers to as ‘Suds’. She won’t be clingy, far from it, and he’s keen on the idea of getting to see a bit of girl on girl action.

With such volatile personalities under the same roof, and being in April and Spencer’s wedding party, they both have to learn to get along, even though they can’t stand each other.

He never thought he might actually grow to like her.

She never thought she might actually hate him less.

*Contains content for over 18 years of age. CAN BE READ AS A STAND-ALONE


Also Available
AMAZON US / UK / AU


AMAZON US / UK / AU



AMAZON US / UK / AU

AMAZON US / UK / AU


Author Bio

New Adult and erotic romance writer, and author of the Spark series.

A sexy imagination, a life-long love of books and a sucker for romance, Jennifer Ryder couldn't stifle her creativity any longer.

Writing steamy adult romance has become her new focus. Living on a rural property in New South Wales, Australia, she enjoys the best of city and country.

Her loving husband is ever willing to provide inspiration, and her two young cherubs, and sheep that don't see fences as barriers, keep life more than interesting.

Jennifer placed third in the International Stringybark Erotic Short Fiction Award 2013.


Author Links



Giveaway

PR Group Avis.jpg
All - Group Avi (7).jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment