Sunday, October 4, 2015

Emmy's Review... Beloved

Beloved
I finally had my big break, but would it mean I'd lose everything else I held dear?

To prepare for my show, I'd need to leave the ranch early. Would I ever see Travis again, after the inevitable funeral for his dad?

What was happening with my best friend? I felt she'd abandoned me, and what was worse, she couldn't even tell me where she was - or wouldn't.

At least I had a project to occupy my lonely days and nights. Otherwise, I might have been lost in the depressing circumstances of my life.




Buy Links:
Amazon US : AU : CA : UK
___________________________________________

beloved - em.jpg

Many thanks to the author, who provided a free copy of Beloved in exchange for an honest review.

In this final chapter of the Irrationally His serial, we are treated to a well crafted ending, both sweet and bittersweet.  This series has been an up and down ride of emotions, and Beloved is a fine example of this.  Far from just a hot dip into the “taboo” love genre, the characters in Beloved are dealing with far more complex problems.  I especially thought that the story shone in the sections where the characters were grieving, and growing even in their grief.  We began this series with an uncommitted, somewhat self centered man, and a directionless and slightly flakey woman.  They were forced to interact despite themselves, and what started as a casual fun affair turned into something much deeper.  By the end of Beloved both Travis and Chelsea have grown and matured into fully realized adults, tempered by the storms of life and finding a safe place in each other.

I’ve enjoyed watching these characters throughout this series, and I look forward to more from this author.  

___________________________________________

11954654_881076311987146_2381932440723625756_n.jpg
About the Author:

Like you, I’m a reader. When I read a good story with characters I can connect with, my everyday existence fades into the background as I enter a world that may contain exotic locations, adventure and excitement. And, if I can be totally honest with you, in my favorite stories I can fall in love for a while with an impossibly gorgeous guy who is the best lover imaginable.

So, maybe it won’t come as a surprise that in my books you’ll find hot alpha male book-boyfriends, sassy heroines who are much more clever and beautiful than I am, and stories I hope will make you laugh and cry while reading them, as I did while writing them. Oh, and some scenes you may want to role-play with your lover.

When I’m not writing (which is almost never) I enjoy reading, hiking in the foothills near Denver, live blues music, karaoke and now and then indulging in her karaoke habit.

If you'd like to know more about me, my books, or special offers for free reading, please check my website at www.jessajacobs.com.


Emmy Avi (9).jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment