Sunday, October 4, 2015

Jess's Review... Pushing the Limits

From USA Today Bestselling Author comes a new contemporary student/teacher romance standalone...

He’s my art professor.
I’m his student.
With an electric connection and undeniable chemistry, I know it won’t be long until one of us cracks.

When the opportunity arises to pose naked for the entire art class, I can’t help the thrill of knowing he’ll be watching me.
While they all look past me with their eyes narrowed and concentrated, drawing only the lines and angles of my body, he sees right through me down to my vulnerability.
He sees more than just the physical aspects—he sees me.
That’s when I see the struggle in his features as he tries to stay in control.

How do we keep our distance when everything seems to be pulling us together?
What feels so right can only go wrong if we keep pushing the limits.




Buy Links:
Amazon US : AU : CA : UK
_______________________________________________________

pushing the limits.jpg

When I first saw this book cover a while back I was instantly excited for this book to come. I actually thought it was already out and rushed to buy it. I was a little let down when I realized I was going to have to wait! I'm a very impatient person if you know me. When I saw that Brooke Cumberland was giving away arcs for a honest review I rushed to sign up. I was one of the lucky ones to receive the boom early. I instantly dove into this book head first I had to know what juicy storyline was going to go down.

Let me start by saying that this is hands down one of my favorite taboo stories. I've recently started to branch out towards taboo romance stories and there is just something that draws me into the secrets it holds.

In Pushing The Limits we meet Aspen an art student that is carrying the burden of her twin sister's death. Aspen turns to painting to express her emotions regarding her life, she is a very troubled soul who has a hard time letting people in. We also get to meet the handsome new art professor Morgan Hampton. Morgan also has a past that he had been running from but 6 months before the story starts he has to come back home and face his demons.

The chemistry between Aspen and Morgan is something that is undeniable anybody who reads this book or even reads the back of the book can see that there is something about these two that draw you to them. In the first class where Aspen and Professor Hampton meet you can feel the chemistry between them it's palpable. I have to say that there's only so long that these two were going to be able to hold off from one another and I can remember as I was reading the book that I just wanted to scream at them can you kiss already I was dying for that moment to happen. But in the meantime Brooke kept us occupied with a very steamy shower scene by the one and only Professor Hampton.

When are couple family gets together in the turning point of the book I thought to myself this is amazing this is exactly what I wanted to happen but remembering that it was only part of the way through I was scared to know what else is going to happen between them. Needless to say Brooke didn't make it easy happy ever after we had some things I had to go through and I'm not going to spoil them for you because I want you to read the book but let's just say it was not fond of some of the side characters in this book.

This book is a great read for people who struggle with issues of sadness and going to your grieving process it shows you that there is an opportunity down the road from where you are now to become happy eventually when you let the right people in. So this books not only a great romance or a steamy couple but ways for you to find your happiness again.

Thank you Brooke for allow me the opportunity to read your story early and write a review on it. And I'll leave you with one less thing I cannot wait until the next story comes out featuring one of Aspen's friends.
_______________________________________________________

6980189.jpg
About the Author:
Brooke Cumberland is a USA Today Bestselling author who's a stay-at-home mom and writes full-time. She lives in the frozen tundra of Packer Nation with her husband, 4 year old wild child, and two teenage stepsons. 

When she's not writing, you can find her reading love stories, listening to music that inspires her, and laughing with her family. Brooke is addicted to Starbucks' Pumpkin Spice White Mochas, yoga pants, and anything sweet. She found her passion for telling stories during winter break one year in grad school--and she hasn't stopped since.




Jess Avi (7).jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment