Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Release Day... Aimee McNeil's Truth or Dare



Description
Sophie Rogers has left her demons in the past and finally has her life under control…
Three years after leaving high school, where she was endlessly tormented by the school’s golden couple, Sophie has her art degree nearly in hand. Juggling two jobs, she prides herself on her focus and determination to ensure her independence.
Until Ashton King saunters back into her life as a nude model for her art class…
Ashton and Lucinda had made it their mission to make Sophie’s life miserable from the moment she walked into their lives. But now, with Lucinda out of the picture and Sophie back in his sights, Ashton changes the rules of the game and takes it to a whole new level.
Sophie is thrown back into the turmoil she thought was long behind her…
Ashton’s body is made for sin, and his icy blue eyes scorch her with feelings too intense for a heart as scarred as Sophie’s to bear. Glimpses of another side of Ashton give her a flash of hope, but his deceptions run much deeper than she ever dreamed.
Truth or Dare…Which would you choose?


Goodreads ->

Amazon Links ->






~~ Emily's Review~~

Book:  Truth or Dare by Aimee McNeil
Publication Date:  10/27/15
Published By:  Limitless Publishing
Format:  e-book
Source: Author, in exchange for an honest review
Rating: 3.5 stars






Truth or Dare is the story of Sophie and Ashton, two rival high school students reunited years later by fate and an art class.  Sophie's main memories of Ashton were bittersweet.  She thought he was the most beautiful boy she had ever seen, but his cruelty towards her during her teenage years soured her attraction.  He and his girlfriend at the time took great pains to make her years at school miserable.  Thanks to this treatment Sophie is left with trust issues and a love/hate complex when it comes to Ashton.  She gets the surprise of her life when he shows up in her college art class as a model - a nude model, at that.  He’s just as gorgeous as he ever was, and just as arrogant.  Instead of painting him, Sophie painted the woman in the couple twice - as a mirror image, showcasing a concept of loving one’s own self.  I liked that idea a lot, I thought it was very clever.  When the painting is over with she thinks she is done with Ashton, but suddenly it’s like he’s around every corner.  She can’t get away from him.  He’s at a night out with friends.  He turns out to be the grandson of the woman she gets a job assisting.  She repeatedly tells him to just leave her alone, but he keeps coming. That makes it sound creepy, but really, it’s not all his fault, he can read that her hatred of him is only masking deeper feelings.  Now that they are both grown, Ashton has no qualms about pursuing Sophie, despite her protests.  I’ll admit that I grew pretty darn tired of the merry go round that these two kept riding around each other….Sophie’s far more patient and forgiving than I would ever be.  Sophie and Ashton dance around each other, occasionally getting insights into who they both really are.  Can Sophie put aside her mistrust and see Ashton as the man he’s become and not the boy he once was?  


Truth or Dare is Aimee McNeil’s first contemporary romance.  I found it to be a well structured, often humorous story,  with interesting characters that any fan of contemporary romance will enjoy.  This author has previously published a fantasy novel, Alluring Song, in June of this year to rave reviews on Goodreads.  She has another contemporary romance, named Catching Fox, coming soon.  Romance fans, keep your eye on this author.


Till next time,
Emmy


~~ Jess's Review~~

Book:  Truth or Dare by Aimee McNeil
Publication Date:  10/27/15
Published By:  Limitless Publishing
Format:  e-book
Source: Author, in exchange for an honest review
Rating: 4 stars



“Love is only a dirty trick played on us to achieve continuation of the species.” These are words that Sophie lived her daily life by. The world can be a cruel place and for the high school years Sophie was tormented by Mr. & Mrs. Popular.  In a sick twist of fate years later Sophie runs into the man who made her life miserable. Sophie doesn’t believe in love and she doesn’t want to admit the attraction that she has to Ashton King so she tries to keep as much distance between the two of them.  Try and as you may but the body wants what the body wants and Sophie’s body wanted Ashton’s.  While the fight was a tough one Ashton finally broke down Sophie’s wall but it wasn’t always rainbows and sunshine for the couple.
 
For me this book was a tough read… I am very picky in the  POV that I read. I loathe reading in 3rd person point of view so it took me a while to get into reading this book. But once I got past the point of view I found the story line to be one of interest. I myself relate to Sophie in the fact that she doesn’t believe in love because of her past.  So I enjoyed watching the push and pull of emotions for Sophie when she didn’t want to commit to her feelings. I also like how the author waited till the end to show what was fully going to happen between the characters. For me I would have to give this a 4 raindrops because once I got past the POV issue I did enjoy the story.






Random Things About Me...

  1. I love chocolate in the morning. 
  2. I am a neat freak. 
  3. I don’t like ice cream or candy. I obviously don’t classify chocolate as candy!
  4. I love fruits and vegetables. 
  5. I believe in ghost and aliens. Because why not?
  6. Love to write while listening to music. It’s very inspirational.
  7. I became a mother before I was legally able to drive. I now have 3 wonderful children!
  8. Love tea. Never acquired a taste for coffee.
  9. I am a horrible liar. 
  10. I love traditions, new and old.
  11. I don't like talking on the phone. I like to see the people I talk to.
  12. Love to dance. 
  13. Summer is my favorite season. 
  14. I have been cursed with delayed wit. I always think of the best things to say after the fact. 
  15. Love to paint. I love all art.
  16. Favorite time to write is in the mornings (with chocolate and tea!)

Aimee McNeil was born and raised in Nova Scotia, Canada, where she continues to live today with her husband and three children. She is a stay-at-home mother that loves every colorful moment with her family.
Aimee spends most of her free time indulging in her love of writing. You can also find her lost in the pages of a good book, or making a mess with her paints. Aimee loves to explore anything that promotes creativity. It is one of the many reason she enjoys writing.



All - Group Avi (4).jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment