Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Release Day Event & Review... Melissa Collins' From the Wreckage

livebanner

From the Wreckage by Melissa Collins is NOW AVAILABLE!

Photographer: K. Keeton Designs
Cover designer: Staci Billhart at Quirky Bird Designs
Model: Nathan Weller


Synopsis:
First, he saved me. I lived because he was a hero. And then he was gone. Uprooted by the fire that destroyed our home, my family moved away and I never saw David Andrews again. Then, he found me. Eighteen years later, he rescued me again – in much simpler terms, of course. By loving me, by giving me the fairy tale I’d always hoped for, he provided me with the perfect life. Now, he needs to be saved. It’s my turn to be strong, to be brave, to be valiant. When flames threaten to turn us to ashes, it’s up to me to pull us From the Wreckage.

FullSizeRender

Grab your copy now!


If you’re super excited for From the Wreckage, you’ll be happy to know that Before the Wreckage is now up for FREE! Grab this short prequel, too!

btwtease

#1click Before the Wreckage by Melissa Collins for FREE!


==============================================================

~~ Barb’s Review ~~

from the wreckage.jpg

Okay, okay, okay… I think I am steadily standing on my feet now. So let me thank Melissa Collins for allowing me a copy of this novel to read in exchange for an honest review. This is my first Melissa Collins book and… I can say it won't be the last.

This book is not what I expected...not at all. It was better. I knew from reading the first page this one was going to make me cry. I even told my fiance Lauren “This one’s gonna make me cry.” She asked why and all I could say was “I’m not sure, I just feel it.” But crying is not bad, crying is good and man did I let it go a few times. This story has more heart than the Grinch got back on Christmas morning. It has its own beat and groves to the music in your soul.  

Now.. here it is..

When Gracie is young her world revolves around David. The cute older next door neighbor. What she doesn’t know is that one night when her house catches fire he will be her unseen angel. Finding her and leading rescuers to her. Thanks to the fire though the family's home was destroyed. They moved and Grace never got to see her angel again. That was until a chance encounter 18 years later. Both were now grown adults. David a local fireman (a hawt one at that) and Gracie a new graduate on the prowl for a teaching position. Its that night, that one encounter that changes their path quickly.

David saves Gracie from an arsehat ‘boyfriend’ and his man handling ways in a club. It takes them a minute to realize who each other is. But that one moment starts off a chain of events that are like a wild ride. The awkwardness turns into “what if” that leads then to a new start when David is injured during a ball game to which he had invited Gracie. Gracie goes home to take care of him, you know a way to repay him for what he has done for her. It was a perfect setup for a way to start again.

David and Gracie definitely share a bond. One that stems from childhood. I mean, really who wouldn’t still be in love with the man that, as a child, was her hero. As their relationship takes off life is good. Gracie, thanks to David’s name dropping, finds a great job teaching and is able to start living out that dream. Something she has worked her butt off for. The daily worry and struggle to not freak out when David was at work starts to weigh on Gracie. I mean, I don’t blame her. First responders are always in the line of fire (no pun intended) when it comes to danger. He could be hurt, or worse, not make it home after a call.

A day that should have been filled with memories, showing love and thanks turns black. Gracie’s world is turned upside down and it’s now a struggle, more than it ever has been to get the life that they once had back. Just reminds us all that tomorrow is not promised so live today as if it’s your last.

*

This story is one that I can see me reading again, soon. Even if it’s going to put me in a book hangover. I usually don’t have that happen but my God… Melissa’s story is so full of emotions and that balancing act between what’s right and what the characters want and need is… all kinds of crazy. This book made me laugh, cry, shake my head and cry some more. Not only for the characters but by the fact that Melissa added a piece of real history in From the Wreckage. September 11th is a big part of this book. The backbone to a few parts. And honestly it’s what adds the emotional wreckage to this story. But that day changed every Americans life in one way or another. I do not personally know anyone that was lost that day but it does not mean I didn't mourn all the lives that were lost. I still pray for their families and the ones that made it out. Thanks you Melissa for making a story worth the memories and tears. Do look forward to more in the future!


==============================================================

And there's more! As a special THANK YOU to her readers, Melissa has put Let Love Be up for free, too! This is book 4 of The Love Series, but can be read as a standalone.

{"total_effects_actions":18,"total_draw_time":132229,"layers_used":2,"effects_tried":18,"total_draw_actions":86,"total_editor_actions":{"border":0,"frame":0,"mask":0,"lensflare":0,"clipart":0,"text":6,"shape_mask":0,"callout":0},"effects_applied":3,"uid":"CE2812C8-4933-49E4-9F08-96389231EE67_1445207589709","photos_added":0,"tools_used":{"resize":1,"adjust":0,"curves":0,"motion":0,"clone":0,"crop":1,"enhance":0,"selection":0,"free_crop":0,"flip_rotate":0,"shape_crop":0,"stretch":0},"total_effects_time":158679,"origin":"gallery","total_editor_time":1449528,"brushes_used":0}
#1click Let Love Be by Melissa Collins for FREE!
Barnes & Noble (coming soon)


10710740_10203986134187677_754082531395662491_n
About the Author:
Melissa Collins has always been a book worm. Studying Literature in college ensured that her nose was always stuck in a book. She followed her passion for reading to the most logical career choice: English teacher. Her hope was to share her passion for reading and the escapism of books to her students. Having spent more than a decade in front of a classroom, she can easily say that it’s been a dream. Her passion for writing didn’t start until more recently. When she was home on maternity leave in early 2012, she read her first romance novel and her head filled with the passion, angst and laughter of the characters who she read about it. It wasn’t long before characters of her own took shape in her mind. Their lives took over Melissa’s brain and The Love Series was born.


logopng
All - Group Avi (9).jpg   

No comments:

Post a Comment