Author: A.J. Lape
Series: The Darcy Walker Series, Book 5
Genre: YA Mystery, Humor & Comedy
Cover Designer: ’68 Zombie Comics
Release Date: March 15, 2016
Things quickly jump from bad to worse when someone hijacks the name of Darcy’s alter ego, framing “Jester” in a Hitchcock-like blend of crimes that leaves her head spinning.
In FOOLPROOF, Darcy battles an adversary who tests her IQ while she navigates the daunting worries of a high school senior. Add on the emotional fallout of her latest caper, a cop breathing down her neck, and a hot but stubborn boyfriend, and she’s at her wit’s end.
Can she find her zen and unmask the real murderer? Or get used to a life of prison orange?
Ten things you didn't know about A. J. Lape
AKA - Ada Miracle Lape
1. I can dislocate my left shoulder on command.
2. My favorite movie is It's a Wonderful Life...cry like a baby when George Bailey starts yelling, "I want to live again...I want to live again."
3. I hate clowns and chicken wings...not necessarily in that order.
4. I'm a notorious sleepwalker. It happens when I'm troubled. As far as I can tell, I always have my clothes on.
5. I had an academic scholarship. I know that's shocking, but looking at homework today, I'm pretty sure I'm tapped out at fifth grade.
6. I like to shoot 9mm guns...look out Target World, every once in a while you have to walk your inner-hillbilly.
7. I started running high school track when I was in the sixth grade. Don't ask me to run now. After two kids, I pee my pants when I walk across the floor.
8. I'm like Rain Man when it comes to fractions.
9. I've cliff-dived off a 40-foot cliff into a lake...wouldn't recommend it...that sucker can burn.
10. I would've been a police officer or journalist if life didn't land me where I am.
Welcome to Darcyville
The Amazon bestselling Darcy Walker Series has been compared to Veronica Mars meets Stephanie Plum meets The Black List. All novels are written as stand-alone novels, but a backstory is woven into each book. Reading order is Grade A Stupid, No Brainer, 100 Proof Stud, DEFCON Darcy & Foolproof.
Clean mature YA series for ages 13 and up due to graphic crime scenes.
Website | Twitter for A.J. | Twitter for Darcy | Facebook | Fan Club & Street Team | Google + | Instagram | Linked In | Pinterest | Goodreads | Amazon | Newsletter Sign-up
A.J. Lape is the author of the Darcy Walker Series which has stayed on Amazon's teen's mysteries and thrillers bestseller's lists since its debut in 2012. She lives in Cincinnati with her husband, two daughters, an ADD dog, a spoiled hamster, and an unapologetic and unrepentant addiction to Coca-Cola--plus a lifelong love affair with bacon she has no plans to sever.
A graduate of Morehead State University with a Master's degree in Communications, she's a PI wannabe and recently joined the Citizen's Police Academy in her hometown but daily stops crime and kills bad people through the fictional ADHD character of Darcy Walker.
If the FBI ever checks her computer, she'll be wearing prison-orange due to the graphic and disgusting "wiki" articles she looks up...all in the name of career research, of course.