Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Fools In Love Anthology... Author Introduction.. Annabel Chant

banner annabel chant.jpg

We have 2 days until the “Fools in love” Anthology hits a kindle near you. Want it? Then you can have it. Come join the rest of the wonderful readers around and get these Ten Stories by Ten amazing authors….

Let me introduce you to them… today we bring you, Annabelle Chant.


FIL Countdown 2.jpg


Anthology Blurb:

AVAILABLE FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY

Ten authors. Ten steamy romances. Fools in Love features alpha males and the women who tame them from ten of the hottest authors in contemporary and new adult romance!

Billionaires! Stepbrothers! Everyday people! Curvy women! Domination! and Suspense!

Jessa Jacobs - Recoil, Book One
Candy J. Starr - Snatched, Part One
Aidy Award - Curvy Seduction: Rebound
Annabel Chant - Falling from Grace
Michelle Love - Arsen’s Rules: Book 1, For Her and Book 2, For Him
A.J. Goode - Love’s Little List
Crystal Kaswell - The Billionaire’s Deal #1
Alana Leigh - Lies of Omission (NEW AUTHOR!)
Lexi Larue - Tycoon, Book One
and
Marysol James - Enemy Within

*Contains multiple first in series which may include cliffhangers. All follow-up books may be read for free with Kindle Unlimited.

Be sure to check out the fantastic offers most of these authors have for even more free books, links included.


**Words from the Authors**
The authors included in this collection are excited to bring you some of our best work. Some of us have many more books for your reading pleasure, some are newer at this game, but one thing is true for all of us. We love romance! And we bring you some of the hottest around.  

We hope you’ll some new authors to enjoy as well as an old favorite or two. Most of us offer free books, stories or other bonuses to our newsletter subscribers. Be sure to follow the links at the end of each book to stay in touch with us and to take advantage of our offers.

We love to hear from our readers! Whether you choose to review this anthology or the individual works on Amazon or Goodreads (or if you’re feeling particularly generous – both!), or would just like to email us with your comments, please know that we love and appreciate every one of you.

FIL - Anth. Teaser 1.jpg


**Falling From Grace Blurb**

How far would you go to claim back your fantasies?

When Grace Anderton's boyfriend betrays her in the most public way possible, she loses everything - even the dark fantasies that have sustained her.

Enter the Filth Monger.

Heir to a fortune and criminally handsome, he can have any woman he wants...and he wants Grace. But he has his own agenda. Head of a secret organisation dealing in depravity, his life is going to shit around him.

As he struggles with his own betrayals, he makes it his mission to save Grace from her one-woman ride to ruin - whether she wants him to or not, and by any means necessary. Even if it means throwing away the chance of having her for himself.

The Filth Monger series is a set of five interlinked Romantic Suspense novels. Due to scenes of an adult nature and some (extremely!) bad language, it is intended for a mature readership.


Amazon Universal Purchase Link:

**Excerpt  from Falling for Grace**
I’d finished chopping the fruit, and the news had finished with Grace Anderton and the inestimable shit that was Leo Sparkes. For the time being, at least. I scraped the fruit off the chopping board and into the juicer, still thinking about her. That face; an enchanting blur of tears and cosmetics, haunted me. Why were footballers such pricks? It seemed to be written into their contract. Which reminded me…
I turned on the juicer. It was supposed to be quiet, but it was anything but, and I knew it. For the first time that day, I heard movement in the bedroom. A minute or so later, Charlotte was standing in the doorway. She’d thrown her clothes on – hadn’t even buttoned her shirt. She was wild-eyed with panic.
I turned off the juicer. ‘Breakfast?’
‘I…I’m late for work.’
‘Really?’ I poured juice into two tall glasses. ‘I thought you lot kept your own hours.’
‘What do you mean?’ Her eyes widened briefly, and she couldn’t hold my gaze. I could tell I’d unnerved her.
‘I mean, since you were working all night, I thought you’d be okay to lie in this morning.’
She didn’t reply, just turned and ran back into the bedroom. I could hear her rummaging through the bed clothes. I followed her in. She was on her hands and knees, looking under the bed.
‘Now, really, Charlotte.’ I couldn’t help but be amused. ‘There’s no need to grovel. The session ended last night.’
‘Where is it, you bastard?’ She jumped to her feet, almost panting. I thought she was going to hyperventilate.
‘Where’s what?’
‘Don’t…’ she took a deep breath and looked like she was about to cry. ‘…do this.’
‘Do what?’ I shrugged. ‘I’m doing nothing.’
‘Don’t come all high and mighty with me.’ Her voice wobbled, and I was half tempted to go over to her, to comfort her, but she’d brought this upon herself. ‘You got as much out of this as I did. Don’t pretend you didn’t.’
‘I got nothing out of this, Charlotte.’ I turned away from her. ‘Except peace of mind.’
‘You arrogant prick.’ She pushed her feet into her shoes. ‘Did I mean nothing to you?’
‘On the contrary, your safety meant everything to me.’ I stood at the door, and watched as she buttoned her shirt.
‘My safety?’
‘You were out of control, Charlotte.’ I didn’t want to remind her of how we’d found her. She’d come such a long way since then.
‘Out of…?’ She gave that harsh laugh again, and walked into the living room. ‘Entrapment, dear.
I shook my head. I’d been had. We all had. It was hardly worth asking - I knew the answer - but I couldn’t help myself. ‘Why?’
‘Because of who you are, of course,’ she said, simply. ‘It was a guaranteed story. I’d heard enough about you to know you fancy yourself as some kind of knight errant. The preux chevalier of spoilt little rich boys. I wanted to get behind the myth. Find the real story. And, boy, what a story it’s turned out to be. I went round every Dom in Dominion, trying to get on the inside, to get a story. I never thought I’d end up in the confidence of the Kingpin himself.’
‘Always the fondness for the melodramatic, Charlotte,’ I said, watching her hunt around the sofa for her laptop. She could look all she liked…it was in Max’s office, in his safe. ‘How did I not guess before you were a hack?’
She looked up at me, suddenly. She looked taken aback for a moment, then she seemed to collect herself. ‘Well,’ she said, with a shrug. ‘I got a good story.’
‘You got nothing,’ I said. ‘You were never in my confidence. You’ll have to write lies, because I’ve told you fuck all.’
She didn’t say anything, just looked down at her nails with a secretive smile. She seemed so sure of herself that I almost felt alarmed, but I had my ace card at hand. ‘Whatever you think you know, you signed a confidentiality clause. I witnessed it myself.’
‘That?’ She picked up her handbag, wielding it like a weapon. ‘Worthless. It’s not even my real name.’
I cursed inwardly. I should’ve kept that business card box. Maybe I should even have fucked her. She’d fucked me anyway, in her own way. ‘So what are you going to do now?’
‘Well, I’d almost convinced myself to drop the whole thing.’ For the first time, her resolve seemed to weaken and something approaching a sob escaped her lips. ‘That is, I thought…’ She looked up at me, her eyes softer, almost appealing. ‘But now…’
‘Now?’ I returned her gaze, but without softening mine, without conceding at all. I had to know the worst. What was she planning to do? I raised my eyebrows, waiting tensely for her to reply.
‘Now I think the whole world needs to hear about you and your sleazy network. You… filth monger.
I actually laughed. It was half in surprise, but half because I couldn’t believe that was what she really thought. Did she understand so little – even after all this time?
I put my arm across the doorway. ‘I’d take a long, hard look at yourself before you take your story anywhere outside these four walls.’ I looked at her, standing there so proud and defiant, and almost pitied her. ‘You haven’t a shred of evidence.’
‘Then I’ll find some,’ she said. ‘If it kills me.’
She pushed past me, still brandishing her bag, as if she thought I’d try to restrain her. It just showed how little she knew me. I never restrained women…not without their explicit consent.
‘Be careful what you wish for,’ I murmured to myself, as she slammed the front door behind her.


Get to know a little about Annabel Chant
**Do you see that you have it easier doing everything yourself or would it be easier with a big publisher? Someone to help out?
Knowing what I know now, I don't think I'd go for a big publisher. I don't think I'd want to relinquish that much control of my books, but a bit of help on the admin side wouldn't go amiss. I'm terrible at organizing promos!


**What inspires you as an author to write?
It varies, but the most successful, easy-to-write stories come from a strong idea, or a meshing of two ideas. It can be anything, though, from a place to a song, or even just a certain feeling in the air.


**Do you need a quiet place to write? Or do you need noise?
It doesn't matter too much to me because, once I get into my writing, I don't notice anything else. Hours can go by in what seems like minutes. I often have my younger son roller-skating around me in the kitchen, which can be distracting, but mainly I'm in my own world.



**Do you listen to music while you write? What kind of music is beneficial to your writing process?
I don't have a musical soundtrack or any of that jazz! Occasionally, I'll have a song that I can't shake while I'm writing a certain story, but it isn't necessarily relevant to the story, or even to the feel of it. For example, when I was writing Falling from Grace, I had 'The Night' by Franki Valli on the brain. I'm still not sure why, or if it had any influence on the book.


**Who is your favorite author?
When it comes to romance, probably CD Reiss. I was hugely flattered when eBookSoda listed my trilogy as similar to her 'Beg' sequence (Songs of Submission). Other favourites include Diana Wynne Jones, PG Wodehouse and Susanna Clarke.


**What inspired you to take a leap of faith and write your first novel?
I've always written. I wrote my first 'novels' when I was at primary school, the second of which was commissioned by the head teacher and typed up into a book by the office staff. I wrote my first novel, a paranormal romance, over twenty years ago. It was set on an island where I used to spend my summers as a child and it took me three months to finish. I think I wanted to prove to myself, at that stage, that I could actually complete one. I'd started so many before that.


**Are any of your characters based on people you know?
Yes, I guess you can say that the Filth Monger is based on someone I know - or, at least, he holds the same strong values. I hope it comes across in the book how much I admire his moral incorruptibility. Although I wouldn't say any of the characters were based upon me, I have bipolar disorder and I definitely explore the manic phase of this through several of the female characters in the book.


**Do you write in chronological order of the story, or jump around when a scene hits you?
I tend to write chronologically. I'll sometimes write a scene ahead of time to be pasted in at a later date, but it rarely ends up in the book. In fact, I don't even re-read it, usually, writing the scene again as I get to it. I suppose those pre-written scenes act more as signposts along the way.


**What is an Indie Author?
With the advent of KDP, anyone can be an indie author, but a GOOD indie author does their best to ensure that every aspect of their business, from story to editing, from cover to blurb, from networking to promo, is the best they can possibly make it. Indie authors aren't just writers, but all-round business people who take responsibility for every aspect of their product. This isn't always easy because, obviously, authors love writing and, sometimes, they'd rather be writing than worrying about the admin side of things, but it's this multi-skilled, self-driven approach that sets the indie author apart.


**What does it take to be an indie author?
Self-belief, determination and a willingness to learn. Any author worth their salt should always be learning how to improve their craft, but indie authors have so much more to learn on top of that. Writing good blurbs and advertising copy, organising promos, dealing with taxes and legalities, networking - we have to learn it all. Ultimately, if our cover, blurb, promos - heck, even our story - fails to draw readers in, it is only ourselves we can blame because we make all the decisions.


**How much pressure is on you, the author, when you’re having to do everything yourself?
A huge amount. See my previous answer!


**Do you as an author in your down time read? Yes? No? Tell us why either way. Inquiring minds want to know!
YES, every spare minute. I usually have several books on the go at once and read them whenever I get the chance. I love snuggling down with a book before bed...heaven!


**Do you have any writing rituals?  Specific music, chair, drink, etc.?
Not at all, which is probably a good thing because I'm not putting external constraints upon myself (I find it hard enough to get on as it is!). I tend to write at my kitchen table, but only because it's most practical. Not that I'd say no to a log cabin in the woods, if offered!


**Do you have any advice/words of wisdom for aspiring writers?
Don't set your expectations too high. Most writers build a fan base slowly over multiple books. Those writers that do well with a book out of the gate? Rarer than rocking horse s***, and even those, when you speak to them, have often been working for years to get to that one book, series or pen name that seems so instantly successful. It's far harder now, too, than it was a few years ago, to be a runaway success, due to the huge number of authors and books crowding the market. Keep writing - preferably in the same genre and in series - and build a solid career.


**Where do you get your inspiration from?
An idea, a feeling, a sudden thought. That one idea - if it's strong enough - tends to snowball. The Filth Monger series started out from an idea for a short story. Once you get writing, THAT'S when the inspiration really begins. The characters do their own thing, react in unexpected ways, and then - BOOM - you have a story.


**What is your ‘long term’ plan? Do you see this as a true future or something that you will ‘grow out of’?
I've always written, so I can't see me ever stopping. I feel down when I'm not writing. I need to be creative to feel good about myself. I don't know if I'd want to write full-time. Well, I would - of course - but I don't know if it'd be good for me. I'd probably end up a nocturnal hermit. I'm very happy in my own company.


**What books have you been reading lately?
I'm re-reading Hexwood by Diana Wynne Jones. I haven't read it for ages and it's so complicated that it's almost like discovering it anew, which is a treat for me, as Diana died several years ago.


**Who initially inspired you?
A range of authors and several of my teachers. I was a total bookworm as a child, so it's hard to pick any in particular, but I'd certainly say that PG Wodehouse's style had a huge influence on me. He was a master.


**When did you start writing stories?
See above.


**More about Annabel Chant**
Annabel Chant has always loved reading and writing stories. She lives in village about half an hour from London, with her family, her dog and a vastly over-stuffed library that no one appreciates except for her.

She was seized one day with the idea for an erotic short story. She wrote the first pages, about a woman getting dressed up to go to meet a guy that called himself only The Filth Monger.

Then, she put it aside without ever looking at it again but, from that seed, this whole series developed.

She has lived in Nice and Belgium, as well as all over the UK. When she’s not writing, she enjoys nothing more than curling up with a steamy read.

Annabel also writes YA romantic comedies.


PicMonkey Collage35a.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment