Saturday, April 2, 2016

Fools in Love Anthology... Author Introduction... AJ Goode

banner aj goode.jpg

Alright, here we are. The first day after release day and we have more information on the books, the authors and the stories they love to share.

Let me introduce you to AJ Goode, today’s author.

FoolsInLove3DCoverFinal(updated03-08).jpg

Anthology Blurb:

AVAILABLE FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY

Ten authors. Ten steamy romances. Fools in Love features alpha males and the women who tame them from ten of the hottest authors in contemporary and new adult romance!

Billionaires! Stepbrothers! Everyday people! Curvy women! Domination! and Suspense!

Jessa Jacobs - Recoil, Book One
Candy J. Starr - Snatched, Part One
Aidy Award - Curvy Seduction: Rebound
Annabel Chant - Falling from Grace
Michelle Love - Arsen’s Rules: Book 1, For Her and Book 2, For Him
A.J. Goode - Love’s Little List
Crystal Kaswell - The Billionaire’s Deal #1
Alana Leigh - Lies of Omission (NEW AUTHOR!)
Lexi Larue - Tycoon, Book One
and
Marysol James - Enemy Within

*Contains multiple first in series which may include cliffhangers. All follow-up books may be read for free with Kindle Unlimited.

Be sure to check out the fantastic offers most of these authors have for even more free books, links included.


**Words from the Authors**
The authors included in this collection are excited to bring you some of our best work. Some of us have many more books for your reading pleasure, some are newer at this game, but one thing is true for all of us. We love romance! And we bring you some of the hottest around.  

We hope you’ll some new authors to enjoy as well as an old favorite or two. Most of us offer free books, stories or other bonuses to our newsletter subscribers. Be sure to follow the links at the end of each book to stay in touch with us and to take advantage of our offers.

We love to hear from our readers! Whether you choose to review this anthology or the individual works on Amazon or Goodreads (or if you’re feeling particularly generous – both!), or would just like to email us with your comments, please know that we love and appreciate every one of you.


FIL - Anth. Teaser 1.jpg


**Love’s Little List Blurb**

Melissa has been living in a fog since her divorce, and she is dreading the lonely summer when her children leave to spend an entire month with her ex-husband. But when his friend Dan steps in and convinces her to make up a to-do list of new things to try together during the long and lonely month, she realizes that it is time to to take control of her own life once more. As their friendship blooms into something more, Melissa has to decide if she's ready to trust her heart and take a chance on falling in love again.

This is an 18,000-word novelette that takes place ten years before the events in "Her House Divided."


Amazon Universal Purchase Link:


**Excerpt from Love’s Little List**

“Shhh.” He pulled her close, one warm hand at the small of her back and the other stroking her hair. For just a moment, she allowed herself to melt against him. She rested her head against his chest and closed her eyes, listening to the soft thumping of his heart.
“It’s going to be all right, Mel,” he murmured. “You don’t have to be strong all the time.”
She sighed. It had been a long time since she’d felt a man’s arms around her like this. Too long. She felt small and vulnerable and . . . protected, somehow.
Regretfully, she took a step away from the man who held her.
“I’m not ready, Dan,” she whispered.
“I know.”
“I can’t do this. Not now. Not with his friend.”
“Do you want me to leave?”
“No.” It was a mistake to look up. She knew it even as she did so. She looked up into his soft brown eyes and couldn’t tear her gaze away. He was looking deep into her soul; in that instant, she realized that he could see all of her doubts, all of her insecurities, her fears.
She knew what she was going to say next, and she hated herself for it. “No, I don’t want you to leave, and that’s why I’m asking you to.”
“All right,” he said softly. He touched her cheek and brushed his thumb gently across her lips.  “I’ll go, but not without this.”
He kissed her then. It was the tender, cautious kiss of a man who wasn’t sure if he was doing the right thing. His lips met hers, timidly seeking a response. It was a soft kiss, a gentle kiss that seared her soul and stole her breath; she swayed against him, suddenly dizzy.
He wrapped his arm tightly around her and pulled her even closer as the kiss grew in intensity. She allowed her arms to creep up and around his neck, hungrily accepting his embrace and leaning into him. As Dan’s hands moved possessively over her body, she wondered what she would do if he tore her clothes away and made love to her right here in the kitchen.
She caught her breath when his fingers slipped under the silky fabric of her blouse, and she twisted slightly in his grasp to give him better access to her skin. His warm, gentle fingers slid upward and traced the outline of her nipples through the lace of her bra, sending shockwaves of sensation through her. She quivered, needing so much more.
What am I doing? Suddenly, she pushed him away. “Dan –“
“You’re not ready.”
“No, I – I’m not. Please understand.”
He blew out an explosive breath. “I do understand, Mel. I’ll go, but I’ll be back.”


Get to know a little about AJ Goode:

**Do you see that you have it easier doing everything yourself or would it be easier with a big publisher? Someone to help out?
In some ways, I think it's easier doing it myself because that allows me to do it my way, and I can't blame anyone but myself if I make mistakes. But at the same time, I wonder if it wouldn't be a bit easier if I had a little help from someone who knows the industry better than I do.


**What inspires you as an author to write?
The world around me. There are so many stories of true love, and so many broken hearts in real life. I like to take the might-have-beens and give them happy endings.


**Do you need a quiet place to write? Or do you need noise?
I work best where it's quiet, but I have three kids so I've had to adapt.


**Do you listen to music while you write? What kind of music is beneficial to your writing process?
I occasionally listen to Josh Groban or REM while I write, but I generally try to avoid music when I'm writing. Otherwise, I tend to start singing along, which is not only distracting for me but utterly unpleasant for anyone in the vicinity.


**Who is your favorite author?
Oh, I have so many favorites! Kurt Vonnegut, Mark Twain and Douglas Adams would have to be at the top of my list.


**What inspired you to take a leap of faith and write your first novel?
It happened while I was sidelined by a really bad car accident. I had always wanted to write books, and there I was, stuck in a chair for months on end with no idea of what to do with my future. I knew I was physically unable to go back to my former career, so it just seemed like the universe was telling me to shut up and write my novel already.


**Are any of your characters based on people you know?
Not any of my main characters, no. But I have based several of the minor characters on people in my life. For example, the two elderly gossips who create so much havoc in my series are based on my aunts, and the fire chief, Rollie Griswold, is based on a very wise man who passed away while I was writing my second book.


**Do you write in chronological order of the story, or jump around when a scene hits you?
I try to write in chronological order, but I'll also jot down detailed notes of scenes when they hit me.


**What is an Indie Author?
An Indie Author is one who self-publishes without the help of a publisher.


**What does it take to be an indie author?
An Indie Author is one who self-publishes without the help of a publisher.


**How much pressure is on you, the author, when you’re having to do everything yourself?
There is an immense amount of pressure, although I wonder if there would be even more pressure if I had to answer to someone else.


**Do you as an author in your down time read? Yes? No? Tell us why either way. Inquiring minds want to know!
Absolutely! I don't believe it's possible to be a writer without being a reader first. A person who doesn't appreciate a good book will never be able to create one.  


**Do you have any writing rituals?  Specific music, chair, drink, etc.?
Not really. I like to write early in the morning before my kids wake up, and I like to have a few cups of hot coffee at that point, but that's about it. My computer is currently out of service, so I don't even write at my desk any more. I write anywhere I can sit with my beat-up, battered, borrowed laptop.


**Do you have any advice/words of wisdom for aspiring writers?
Write it to the end and worry about fixing mistakes later. Push yourself to get the first draft done, giving yourself permission to create something that's less than perfect on the first try. It's amazing to discover how freeing it is to be able to say "I finished the first draft."


**Where do you get your inspiration from?
I get inspiration from events around me. I'm constantly asking "what if" as a springboard. What if that news story ended THIS way? What if my neighbor was lying? What if that big jerk I just met is actually a really nice guy?


**What is your ‘long term’ plan? Do you see this as a true future or something that you will ‘grow out of’?
I hope I always keep writing. I'd like to continue writing romance, of course, but my 'long term' plan involves writing Young Adult fiction as well. And I've been experimenting with Humor, which has really been a lot of fun.

I guess you could say my long term plan is to keep writing until I run out of stories to tell.


**What books have you been reading lately?
I just read "Wool" by Hugh Howey and had to read the rest of his Silo series immediately. I've also just finished "Hitchhiker", M.J. Simpson's biography of Douglas Adams, and "Celia Garth" by Gwen Bristow. I re-read that one every year.


**Who initially inspired you?
Laura Ingalls Wilder. The Little House books were the first books I read on my own as a child, and I knew I wanted to grow up and be a writer just like her.


**When did you start writing stories?
As soon as I figured out which end of the pencil to use.


**More about AJ Goode**

A.J. Goode discovered romance novels as a teenager, when she learned to sneak away with her mother's collection of Harlequins and 1970's bodice-rippers. She quickly fell in love with the happy endings and stories in which love conquers all.

She is also a single mother, a high school lunchlady, and a blogger with a knack for seeking the humorous side of every situation.

A.J. is a lifelong resident of Michigan, and her fictional town of Beach Haven is loosely based on the real town where she spent her childhood summers. The series is her way of combining her love for the beach with her addiction to romance novels.



PicMonkey Collage35a.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment