Sunday, April 3, 2016

Fools in Love Anthology... Author Introduction... Crystal Kaswell

banner crystal kaswell.jpg


Alright, here we are. The first day after release day and we have more information on the books, the authors and the stories they love to share.


Let me introduce you to Crystal Kaswell, today’s author.


FoolsInLove3DCoverFinal(updated03-08).jpg


Anthology Blurb:


AVAILABLE FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY

Ten authors. Ten steamy romances. Fools in Love features alpha males and the women who tame them from ten of the hottest authors in contemporary and new adult romance!


Billionaires! Stepbrothers! Everyday people! Curvy women! Domination! and Suspense!


Jessa Jacobs - Recoil, Book One
Candy J. Starr - Snatched, Part One
Aidy Award - Curvy Seduction: Rebound
Annabel Chant - Falling from Grace
Michelle Love - Arsen’s Rules: Book 1, For Her and Book 2, For Him
A.J. Goode - Love’s Little List
Crystal Kaswell - The Billionaire’s Deal #1
Alana Leigh - Lies of Omission (NEW AUTHOR!)
Lexi Larue - Tycoon, Book One
and
Marysol James - Enemy Within


*Contains multiple first in series which may include cliffhangers. All follow-up books may be read for free with Kindle Unlimited.


Be sure to check out the fantastic offers most of these authors have for even more free books, links included.



**Words from the Authors**
The authors included in this collection are excited to bring you some of our best work. Some of us have many more books for your reading pleasure, some are newer at this game, but one thing is true for all of us. We love romance! And we bring you some of the hottest around.  


We hope you’ll some new authors to enjoy as well as an old favorite or two. Most of us offer free books, stories or other bonuses to our newsletter subscribers. Be sure to follow the links at the end of each book to stay in touch with us and to take advantage of our offers.


We love to hear from our readers! Whether you choose to review this anthology or the individual works on Amazon or Goodreads (or if you’re feeling particularly generous – both!), or would just like to email us with your comments, please know that we love and appreciate every one of you.


FIL - Anth. Teaser 1.jpg


**The Billionaire’s Deal Blurb**


Kat Wilder is utterly screwed. Her parents are gone. Her meager inheritance is dwindling. Her attempts to get a better job are going nowhere. If she doesn't do something fast, she's going to lose the house she shares with her sister.


Billionaire tech C.E.O. Blake Sterling is a lifeline. An arrogant, controlling, impossible to read lifeline. He wants something from Kat and he'll do whatever it takes to get it.


He offers her a deal-- she plays his girlfriend and he digs her out of debt. It has to be so convincing that everyone believes they're madly, crazy in love.


It's Blake's way, Blake's terms, Blake utterly in control inside and outside the bedroom.



Amazon Universal Purchase Link:



**Excerpt from The Billionaire's Deal**


The place is crowded--incredibly crowded--but we are instantly given a table right by the window. Gorgeous view of Fifth Avenue. It's dark out--the entire day lost to an exhausting makeover--and the city lights are in full effect. Yellow lights bleed into the brilliant royal blue sky.
Blake slides his arm around my waist, holding me tightly. There's something protective about it. It's almost sweet. But it must be for show. That's the whole idea here. Our relationship is a ruse. Just for show.
He pulls out my chair for me and pushes it in after me. A perfect gentleman on the outside. Inside, I haven't got a clue, but there's no reason why it needs to concern me.
I slide my fingers over the menu but pay no real attention to its details. Blake is the kind of guy who likes to be in charge of dinner. He'll order for me, right down to my drinks and dessert. If we're staying for dessert.
I take a long sip of my water, avoiding his gaze. It's penetrating again. I stare at the clean, white tablecloth as long as I can. When I can't stand it any longer, I make eye contact. The same penetrating look is on his face.
"Kat."
"Yes?"
"This only works if we're honest with each other."
"Okay. I'm tired. I'm starving. I want to go home and see my sister, but according to her texts, she's going out with her best friend. God knows where they're going or if they have fake IDs."
He nods like he understands. His eyes pass over me, his expression softening.
"You like me all cleaned up?" I ask.
"It doesn't matter what I like."
"But do you like it?"
"Yes."
There's this weight in my chest. It shouldn't matter, but I still feel heavy all over.
"I liked you before, too." He reaches across the table, offering his hand. "Look at me, Kat."
"I'm looking at you."
"Like you're infatuated with me."
I draw a circle on his palms with my fingertips. Make my eyes are big as they'll get. Part my lips like I'm desperate to kiss him. "Like that?"
"We'll have to practice."
I slide back into my chair, pulling my arms to my sides. Gaga couples can't be gaga all the time. They get into fights. Isn't the passion the whole appeal of a passionate love affair? Passion isn't just long, desperate kisses and bodies thrashing together in ecstasy. It's screaming and fighting and slapping too.
"Kat."
"What?" I snap. I blame hunger.
"Have you ever loved anyone?"
"No. And no one has ever loved me. If that was your next question." I dig my nails into my now totally smooth thighs. "If you're so good at pretending, look at me like you're in love with me."
He nods. He slides out of his seat and kneels next to me. Several heads turn. He is in the perfect position to propose. He lifts himself up, so he's a few inches from me. His eyes get wide, soft. His lips curl into the smallest of smiles.
Warmth spreads through my body. It's not like before. It's not a coursing, desperate heat. It's in my chest, not between my legs. Blake takes my hand and rubs the pad of his thumb against the skin between my thumb and forefinger. I look away, and he reaches for me. His fingertips graze my cheek, light as a feather. It's warm there, too.
Dizzy. I'm dizzy. It's bright in here. Loud. But, somehow, I can't hear or see anything except him. I can't help but stare into his eyes. That look is pure affection. It's love. Hell, I almost believe it. No, not almost.
I do believe it. That warmth swims to my stomach and cheeks. Breath escapes my body. It's all pretend. An example. But I can't stop the feeling. No one has ever looked at me like this. I want so badly for it to be real. I never wanted anything like this before, but now it's the only thing that matters.
He leans closer. Closer. His lips are an inch from mine. It's not like before. That was passionate, yes, but it was carnal. Nothing but sex. This is sweet, innocent even. His hands slide through my hair, and for a second, I forget my whole appearance is different. My eyes flutter closed and I do forget. I forget everything except the feeling of Blake's lips. Soft. Sweet. Hint of lemon from the water.
He pulls back and brings his mouth to my ear. "It's pretend, Kat. It's all pretend."
I nod like I believe him. "I know."
"Can you do that?"
I nod like I believe in my ability to lie.
He shifts back to his seat. His eyes stay glued to mine. "Good."
"What?"
"The way you're looking at me. I believe you."
"Oh, yeah, of course." I press my palms against the chiffon, but the fabric does nothing to absorb the sweat. We nearly had sex in a dressing room. I shouldn't be nervous over a kiss and a few sweet glances.
The server arrives with a good evening. Just as I predicted, Blake orders for us. I let my attention shift away, off to some place where it won't hurt me. My only job is to look at Blake like I'm in love. I can absolutely do that without falling in love. Absolutely.



Get to know a little about Crystal Kaswell:


**Do you see that you have it easier doing everything yourself or would it be easier with a big publisher? Someone to help out?
A big publisher with a six-figure ad budget would be easier. I like the project management aspect of publishing, but I'm not always the most organized, so it would be nice to have someone with expertise to help out from time to time.


**What inspires you as an author to write?
Songs, movies, great books, TV shows--anything that makes me feel something


**Do you need a quiet place to write? Or do you need noise?
I write in my home office, with music


**Do you listen to music while you write? What kind of music is beneficial to your writing process?


It depends on the series. Mostly, I listen to female pop stars, alternative rock, and emo. I listen to the bands I liked in high school pretty often because they bring up so many feelings.


**Who is your favorite author?
I'm not sure I have a favorite, but The Hunger Games trilogy is my favorite series on the last 5-10 years.


**What inspired you to take a leap of faith and write your first novel?
It was something I always wanted to try. I had written 1/2 a novel in high school and a bunch of screenplays. The word counts for novels seemed so high, and I knew that if I went for a novel it would need to be a commitment-- 3-5 novels, so I'd have a chance of really connecting with people and building an audience. I was talking about it a lot with my (screen) writer's group and they encouraged me enough that I went for it. It helped that I was really fatigued with the screenwriting industry and how no one showed any interest in romance or romantic comedies.


**Are any of your characters based on people you know?
No, but sometimes my friends inspire me in certain ways. For ex, my BFF went through hell studying for her MCATs and I wanted to include that stress and the weight of this one test deciding your future in a book. It ended up as backstory but I think seeing my BFF go through that experience helped flesh out the character.


**Do you write in chronological order of the story, or jump around when a scene hits you?
Chronological. I make myself work for those juicy scenes I envision.


**What is an Indie Author?
An author who publishes her material rather than working with a publisher


**What does it take to be an indie author?
Patience, nerves of steel, persistence, creativity, adaptability, willingness to learn new things, a work ethic to die for


**How much pressure is on you, the author, when you’re having to do everything yourself?
There can be major decision fatigue. It's hard to avoiding doubting yourself, especially with authors being generally tight lipped about their sales and expenses and sell through and things like that. It's easy to ask yourself if there's something wrong with your books/your writing or if your experiences are normal. I don't do everything myself-- I hire someone for covers and editing/proofing--but I still have to be in charge of it. It can be a lot of pressure, especially when people are really looking forward to your next book. It's a lot to live up to!


**Do you as an author in your down time read? Yes? No? Tell us why either way. Inquiring minds want to know!
Yes, though I generally don't read in my genre to relax. When I read romance, my editor brain turns on and it's a different experience than just chilling. I mostly watch crime procedurals and courtroom dramas to relax.


**Do you have any writing rituals?  Specific music, chair, drink, etc.?
Homemade chai latte (might leaf loose leaf tea) with almond milk


**Do you have any advice/words of wisdom for aspiring writers?
Research before you start writing


**What is your ‘long term’ plan? Do you see this as a true future or something that you will ‘grow out of’?
I want to write full time as long as I can. It's hard to plan since the market changes so quickly, but I try to save as much as I can so I have a big safety net. I've always wanted to write stories full time. It's awesome.


**What books have you been reading lately?
I just finished the Sinners on Tour series.


**Who initially inspired you?
I was initially inspired by romantic movies and films. I started as a screenwriter. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was a big one.


**When did you start writing stories?
When I was a kid. I still remember this awesome dystopia I started writing in third grade. The world was overheated and everyone lived in big domes. But the hero and heroine broke out of the dome. That was as far as I got.


**More about Crystal Kaswell**


Crystal Kaswell writes scorching hot new adult romance. When she isn't writing, she is chain drinking tea, binge watching Law and Order, practicing yoga, or debating which fictional character would be the best in bed. She lives in Portland, OR with her husband.



PicMonkey Collage35a.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment