Monday, April 4, 2016

Fools in Love Anthology... Author Introduction... Alana Leigh

alana leigh.jpg


Alright, here we are, again. The author of the day is Alana Leigh. Not only is Alana a new author this is her first Anthology! We have more information on the books, the authors and the stories they love to share. Come check out Alana’s book!


FoolsInLove3DCoverFinal(updated03-08).jpg


Anthology Blurb:


AVAILABLE FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY

Ten authors. Ten steamy romances. Fools in Love features alpha males and the women who tame them from ten of the hottest authors in contemporary and new adult romance!


Billionaires! Stepbrothers! Everyday people! Curvy women! Domination! and Suspense!


Jessa Jacobs - Recoil, Book One
Candy J. Starr - Snatched, Part One
Aidy Award - Curvy Seduction: Rebound
Annabel Chant - Falling from Grace
Michelle Love - Arsen’s Rules: Book 1, For Her and Book 2, For Him
A.J. Goode - Love’s Little List
Crystal Kaswell - The Billionaire’s Deal #1
Alana Leigh - Lies of Omission (NEW AUTHOR!)
Lexi Larue - Tycoon, Book One
and
Marysol James - Enemy Within


*Contains multiple first in series which may include cliffhangers. All follow-up books may be read for free with Kindle Unlimited.


Be sure to check out the fantastic offers most of these authors have for even more free books, links included.

**Words from the Authors**
The authors included in this collection are excited to bring you some of our best work. Some of us have many more books for your reading pleasure, some are newer at this game, but one thing is true for all of us. We love romance! And we bring you some of the hottest around.  


We hope you’ll some new authors to enjoy as well as an old favorite or two. Most of us offer free books, stories or other bonuses to our newsletter subscribers. Be sure to follow the links at the end of each book to stay in touch with us and to take advantage of our offers.


We love to hear from our readers! Whether you choose to review this anthology or the individual works on Amazon or Goodreads (or if you’re feeling particularly generous – both!), or would just like to email us with your comments, please know that we love and appreciate every one of you.

FIL - Anth. Teaser 1.jpg

**Lies of Omission Blurb**


Libby stands in line, week after week, to get into the hottest club in town. Until the night a stranger takes pity on her and takes her in as his guest.


The whirlwind courtship that follows has just one hitch - who are Libby's parents really? Are they the aimless mother Libby lost a few years ago and the father she now cares for in illness? Or could her handsome stranger's father have a secret that will destroy their happiness?

Amazon Universal Purchase Link:

**Excerpt from Lies of Omission**


“Libby, right?”
At the sound of John’s question from behind me, I stand up from my crouched position by the bookshelves in the library and turn to face him with what I hope is a neutral expression.
It quickly turns into a frown at the sight of him wearing another hoodie and the stupid sunglasses. I mean, we’re in a library, why is he still wearing them indoors? “Yeah, that’s right.”
“Wasn’t sure if you’d remember me or not.”
“Forget the guy who got me into an exclusive club? That would be a bitchy thing to do.” Putting the book in my hand back on the shelf, I cross my arms over my chest. “Wondering how you managed to find me in the library is another thing altogether, however.”
He grins, making me wish those stupid glasses weren’t on his face so I can see what he looks like, and points his thumb backward over his shoulder. “Coincidence, I assure you. Thought it was you when I came up the steps and didn’t see you again the other night so figured I would say hello.”
I refrain from pointing out the fact he’s the one who walked away and left me in the club after wishing me a good night. “Oh. Well, you might’ve seen me before since I work here.”
Chuckling, he shoves his hand into his pockets. “Nice. I come here a lot. That does explain why I thought you looked so familiar the other night.”
“Mystery solved.” With a smile, I point at my own face while asking him, “What’s up with the glasses? Are you missing an eyeball or hiding a scar or what?”
He shakes his head while laughing humorlessly. “I wish. At least those would be exciting reasons. Mine is more for privacy reasons.”
I can’t decide whether he’s being mysterious or obnoxious. “What are you, a movie star?”
“If that’s what you want to believe I am, sure. Just as long as you agree to go on a date with me tonight.”
My mouth gapes. “A date?”
“Dinner and a movie. Or if you’ve got a better idea, I’m open to suggestions. Just say yes and we’ll go from there.”
I would ask him if he’s serious, but something tells me he is, just as he was the other night. We barely know each other, and while I know the whole point of a date is to get to know someone, I’m not sure why he wants to go on one with me.
“I don’t know if I can tonight…”
“All right. Give me your phone. I’ll put my number in it and you can call me to let me know when you’re free.”
He holds out his hand, and since he’s only giving me his and not asking for mine, I hand my phone to him after unlocking it. He types fast, places it back in my hand, and then steps close until he’s only a few inches away.
“Call me later, Libby. I’ll be waiting.”

Get to know a little about Alana Leigh:


**Do you see that you have it easier doing everything yourself or would it be easier with a big publisher? Someone to help out?
Oh, gosh, I don't do everything myself! Jessa's small press helps me with the business side of things. I just write.

**What inspires you as an author to write?
Anything can inspire me. An overheard conversation, a weird dream - everything is fair game for my writing. My friends have tried to be boring so they won't end up in one of my stories, but it doesn't work.

**What inspired you to take a leap of faith and write your first novel?
I haven't actually written anything as long as a novel yet. I write to make sense of the voices in my head.

**Are any of your characters based on people you know?
Often I'll use a quirk or something they say all the time, but no character is based entirely on someone I know.

**Do you write in chronological order of the story, or jump around when a scene hits you?
Chronologically, usually.

**What is an Indie Author?
An indie author is one who self-publishes. It could be digitally, like most of us. Or I guess they could have a book printed. But it's someone who doesn't have a big publisher behind them.

**What does it take to be an indie author?
A bit of insanity?

**How much pressure is on you, the author, when you’re having to do everything yourself?
Well, as I said, I don't. :)

**Do you as an author in your down time read? Yes? No? Tell us why either way. Inquiring minds want to know!
Yes, preferably poetry.

**Do you have any writing rituals?  Specific music, chair, drink, etc.?
Not really. Except for my writing partner. If Coffee isn't around, I feel lost.

**Do you have any advice/words of wisdom for aspiring writers?
Not really. I'm so new at it... Just keep writing, I guess.

**What is your ‘long term’ plan? Do you see this as a true future or something that you will ‘grow out of’?
I don't see myself doing anything else. That's as far ahead as I've planned.

**When did you start writing stories?
I've written stories since I was little. Maybe since I learned to spell simple words.

**More about Alana Leigh**


Alana Leigh set off to find herself by writing, and found she’s still lost. From short and sweet to hot and spicy, Alana has decided to publish whatever she digs up from the depths of her psyche, and let you, her readers to find her. When you do, please send wine. And chocolate – dark chocolate. Thank you.

Alana has been too busy writing to find a place all her own yet, but you can follow what she’s doing on her publisher’s Facebook page (please like the page while you’re there).

Alana offers an exclusive free short story to her newsletter subscribers. Subscribe here.

PicMonkey Collage35a.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment