Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Fools in Love Anthology... Author Interviews... Lexi Larue

banner lexi Larue.jpg

Two more days and you will know all of the authors of this anthology. The author for today is Lexi Larue. We have more information on the book, the author and the story she has brought to us from her new series. Come check out Lexi’s book!

FoolsInLove3DCoverFinal(updated03-08).jpg

Anthology Blurb:

AVAILABLE FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY

Ten authors. Ten steamy romances. Fools in Love features alpha males and the women who tame them from ten of the hottest authors in contemporary and new adult romance!

Billionaires! Stepbrothers! Everyday people! Curvy women! Domination! and Suspense!

Jessa Jacobs - Recoil, Book One
Candy J. Starr - Snatched, Part One
Aidy Award - Curvy Seduction: Rebound
Annabel Chant - Falling from Grace
Michelle Love - Arsen’s Rules: Book 1, For Her and Book 2, For Him
A.J. Goode - Love’s Little List
Crystal Kaswell - The Billionaire’s Deal #1
Alana Leigh - Lies of Omission (NEW AUTHOR!)
Lexi Larue - Tycoon, Book One
and
Marysol James - Enemy Within

*Contains multiple first in series which may include cliffhangers. All follow-up books may be read for free with Kindle Unlimited.

Be sure to check out the fantastic offers most of these authors have for even more free books, links included.


**Words from the Authors**
The authors included in this collection are excited to bring you some of our best work. Some of us have many more books for your reading pleasure, some are newer at this game, but one thing is true for all of us. We love romance! And we bring you some of the hottest around.  

We hope you’ll some new authors to enjoy as well as an old favorite or two. Most of us offer free books, stories or other bonuses to our newsletter subscribers. Be sure to follow the links at the end of each book to stay in touch with us and to take advantage of our offers.

We love to hear from our readers! Whether you choose to review this anthology or the individual works on Amazon or Goodreads (or if you’re feeling particularly generous – both!), or would just like to email us with your comments, please know that we love and appreciate every one of you.


FIL - Anth. Teaser 1.jpg


**Tycoon Blurb**

IAN

Tycoon. International real estate billionaire. Man of the world. Biracial…Japanese and Caucasian. Tall, lean, and sexy with rock hard abs. Devoted son. Caring brother.

DESIREE

Ready to make a move to a new career. Everyone’s favorite nurse. Loving friend. Blond, beautiful, single, sexy with a touch of sass.

Sparks fly

While visiting his dying mother in the hospital, Ian meets his mom’s favorite nurse Desiree. Trouble keeps finding Ian as he searches for his younger brother Jake who has gone missing. Ian becomes a target as he navigates through his brother’s dangerous life while Desiree becomes his unwitting conspirator. Ian gets help from his buddy tech mogul Nate and fiancée Diana.

Sexy romantic suspense.

Powerful and full of intrigue. Ian, the international tycoon, unravels the mystery that involves his brother Jake while falling for beautiful Desiree.

The Tycoon Series.

This is Book One in a five part Tycoon Series. Sexual content. 18+


Amazon Universal Purchase Link:


**Excerpt from Tycoon**

“Good morning Mr. Wexler,” I say as cheerfully as I can manage, knowing how much he hates cheerful people.
“What’s good about it?” he huffs.
“Well, you’re still here,” I chuckle. “I’d say that’s a pretty good start.”
Alfred Wexler is our resident grouch though deep down, he’s a big softie. He’s 59 years old and divorced, with three grown kids, six grocery stores and a Grade-three Anaplastic Astrocytoma, in other words, a brain tumor.
“You bet your ass I’m still here, I’m not checking out until that son of mine comes to his senses and signs a pre-nup or ditches that gold-digging fiancée of his.”
“I take it your weekend with family didn’t go so well.”
“To tell you the truth I was glad to see them go,” he says, waving his hand dismissively. “I love them but I could have lived without the ass kissing and sympathy. It was depressing.”
“Well you certainly won’t get any of that here,” I assure him, prepping him for his blood draw. “You’ll just feel a little stick.”
“Anyone ever tell you that you’re a sadist?” he asks.
“Wait until you see what I can do with a pair of clippers,” I chuckle.
I send his blood work to the lab before shaving his head, bathing him and getting him ready for surgery. His daughters arrive just as the orderly comes to wheel him downstairs.
“I’ll be here when you get back,” I assure him.
“Thanks for the warning,” he scoffs.
I watch as his daughters kiss his cheeks and try to reassure him before following the gurney down the hall. I know that they’re both terrified, knowing that this could be the last time they see their father alive but I can see his stubborn determination in both of them.
I look over at the window seat and realize that I forgot to put on his lucky socks. “Damn it!”
I grab the socks, rush into the hallway after him and run smack into the huge metal breakfast cart just as it rounds the corner. It knocks me on my ass with a huge clatter.
Amy the dietician, Josh the orderly and the handsome Asian guy hurry to my rescue. “Oh my God, Desiree, I’m so sorry,” Amy says apologetically. “I didn’t see you coming!”
Amy Wynn is only about five feet tall on her best day and weighs maybe a hundred pounds soaking wet. It’s a wonder she can manage to push the cart, let alone see over it.
“I’m okay Amy, look, no breakfast for 308 until I’ve checked his blood sugar and Josh; I need you to get these down to Mr. Wexler in surgery right away. Don’t you leave there without making sure they’re on his feet, do you hear me?”
“Got it,” he says taking the socks from me and running toward the elevators.
“Let me help you up,” the hot Asian guy says, offering me his hand. “I’m Ian, Rosalie Parker’s son.”
“Ian, yes I think she mentioned you were coming today,” I say as he helps me into a chair in the hallway. “I’m Desiree Sparks, your mom’s nurse.”
“I’ve heard a lot about you, she’s very fond of you,” he smiles. “Are you sure you’re okay?”
“I’m fine; I think I just banged my knee.”
“Are you always so vigilant about socks?” he chuckles.
Logically, I’m sure he’s just trying to break the ice but in my mind he’s still the asshole who drenched me in coffee this morning and the last person I wanted to come to my rescue. Now I just feel patronized. “Only when they’re thirty-five year old lucky socks for a man about to undergo brain surgery,” I scoff.
“I didn’t mean-,”
“Ian?” Mrs. Parker calls from her room, interrupting his apology.
“Go check on your mom, I’ll be there in a few minutes,” I tell him, stepping over to Mr. Kent’s doorway in 308.

Get to know a little about Lexi Larue:

**What is your favorite thing about being an author?
Being able to bring enjoyment to my readers.


**Do you need a quiet place to write? Or do you need noise?
That all depends on the story and the voices in my head. Sometimes music is a good distraction from life that will allow me to get in deep with my story. Other times I need a quiet place to get into the thick of things.


**Who is your favorite author?
There are too many to list. I love any good story and the thrill of what is going to happen.


**What inspired you to take a leap of faith and write your first novel?
I wanted to see if what was in my head sounded good on paper. Thankfully I was happy enough with it to seek out a way to make it a part of my daily life.


**Are any of your characters based on people you know?
No. That would be plain weird. However, there are always small pieces of life that make it into any author's story. I don't see mine being left out of that loop.


**Where do you get your inspiration from?
Wow. This is a great question. There are many, many things that allow my ideas to come to life. Talking things out with friends who write are a huge help. I am lucky enough to have random things make me have "Ah ha" moments.


**When did you start writing stories?
A few years ago. I needed something to do to keep me from letting the quiet of my house get to me. That is when my newborn wasn't screaming for attention. I figured I'd use the time off work to use for me. It helped me stay sane on those long days and nights of little sleep.


**More about Lexi Larue**

Lexi Larue has been writing suspense and romance short stories since she was a young girl. She loves romances with a little bit of mystery. She loves creating strong characters who love life and live with abandon. Lexi lives in Chicago where she enjoys the hanging out in jazz clubs and dining in hole in the wall restaurants.



PicMonkey Collage35a.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment