Thursday, April 21, 2016

Meet a new author Everyday... J.C. Santo

4-21-16.jpg

Love Unexpected (Navy Love Series #2)
Love Unexpected by J.C. Santo
The Navy Love Series; Book 2
203 Pages
Published: March 30, 2016
Published by: J.C. Santo


Blurb:
Sometimes the unexpected things in life turn out to be the most worthwhile.

Tegan Daniels is a twenty-one year old college student and a hopeless romantic. She knows her prince charming will eventually find her one day. Someone must be playing a warped joke on her when he comes into her life; Her perfect man with one huge character flaw---he despises love.

Charles Reed has never been a commitment type of man, except when it comes to his loyalty to the U.S. Navy. When a close friend’s sister moves to town he starts doubting his phobia of relationships. What he doesn't expect is for her innocence to make him question everything in his life and from his past.

He never anticipated a girl like her would come into his life. She never thought she’d have to convince her dream man to give them a shot.

Sometimes the things we want most, require the most fighting for. Love is something unwanted by him and something desired by her; Neither expect to fall for the other.

Will this unexpected love end in their happily ever after?



 

Purchase Links:
Amazon US : AU : CA : UK   
*Exclusively on Amazon & Kindle Unlimited


Excerpt:
“All I did was give her a ride home after she chewed my ass out in the middle of the bar.” I should be pissed off. However, seeing Marsh’s eyes widen at my confession, and the shitty smirk that shows his approval of my berating, has me realizing that although it was at my expense, I’m proud of Tegan. She stood up for what she believed in tonight. And don’t even get me started on how I feel about my being what she believed in.
Marsh must sense the shift in me, because his smirk becomes a full-blown smile and he lets out a bark of a laugh.
“Sorry, man,” he says once he finally is able to compose himself. “You gotta admit, though. Tegan, my little cupcake, went off on you? Big handsome Reed who she’s head over heels for?”
I nod my head with raised eyebrows, as if to say, “Yeah, dumbass.”
I won’t comment on him calling her his cupcake, but I feel a twinge of jealousy at his harmless claiming of her. And the head over heels remark? I think I probably ruined that tonight when I pretty much told her I was fucking other women. When honestly, the last person in my bed was her.
“This shit is rich, fucking rich.” My face must show my confusion. “The little hopeless romantic girl just went off on her very own Prince Charming.”
“Excuse me? I’m nobody’s Prince Charming, Marsh. You know I don’t do relationships. What Tegan and I had was just for fun and now it’s ran its course.”
He slowly nods his head as I speak, like he’s soaking in everything coming from my mouth. He holds his hands up in a surrender gesture; I can only hope he’s going to drop this ridiculous conversation.
“So, why didn’t you go back to the bar?”
Not exactly dropping it, but at least he’s moving away from the direct subject of Tegan and me.
Marshall follows me into the living room where we both sit down on opposite ends of my black leather sofa.
“I don’t know. I couldn’t just leave her there, man. She went off and then started crying into her friend’s shoulder. I’m already in enough deep water with Tessa, could you imagine what she’d do to my nuts if she found out I made her sister cry again and then left her in the middle of a fucking bar like that?” I pay close attention to peeling the label off my bottle.
“Good to know, but you didn’t answer my question. I asked why you didn’t go back?”
I think over the question.
“Just didn’t feel like it after she put me in my place like that. Kind of a major buzz kill.”
He nods his head in understanding. After a second of thinking I realize I don’t know how he ended up at my place.
“Hey, what made you come over here?”
“I showed up at the bar right after you guys left. Tegan had texted me earlier, telling me to come hang out. When I got there, Ashley gave me a rundown of what happened between you two. I figured you probably needed a friend tonight.”
“You weren’t worried about Tegan?” I ask, a little irritated. Why would he choose to come here and sit with me instead of comforting the girl who he’s taken to like a protective big brother? “Someone should be there with her, she’s fucking upset.”
I immediately regret saying anything about Tegan. The smirk on his face tells me that he’s not going to let that slide without addressing it.
“Calm down, I called her when I got here and noticed your truck wasn’t here. She’s fine, said she would fill me in on everything tomorrow and was going to bed. I figured I’d stay here and see if you needed to talk through all of this shit.”
“Talk through what shit? There’s nothing to talk about. Tegan and I were finished before we ever started. She has an innocence I would wreak havoc on with all of my fucked up problems.”
I dread Marshall’s next response as much as I’m longing to hear it.
“Well.” He clears his throat. “What do you want here, Reed? Tell you the truth or you want me to be your bro and make you feel okay about the situation?”
“I want both.”
“Alright, here’s my opinion. You fucking care about her, that’s why you couldn’t leave her in the middle of the bar crying. And she cares about your stubborn ass, that’s why she finally stepped up and spoke up for something she believes in.” He takes his now empty bottle and sets it on the counter before coming back and standing in front of me. “You don’t give her enough credit. Yeah she’s young and still has some innocence about her, but she isn’t some clueless little virgin like you’re making her out to be. She’s strong as hell, and if any woman could handle you and all of your baggage, it’s that girl.” He waits until I make eye contact before he decides to knock me completely on my ass.
“Whether you want to admit it or not, you are her Prince Charming—” I start to argue again, but am silenced with his hand in the air. “Don’t even, I don’t want to hear the excuses. Reed may not be the Prince Charming she wants, but Charlie is. And like it or not, both of those men are a part of you, Reed. You just need to find out how to balance the two, and become the man you’re capable of being for her.”
He walks over and pulls me up off the couch by my hand. “Now, I’m exhausted, and I’m not driving home. So take your ass to bed, I’m crashing on your couch.”
I stand there dumbfounded for a couple seconds before I finally go to bed, Marshall just put me in my fucking place.




Meet JC Santo~

JC Santo is a true southern girl born and raised a in Central Texas. Until her husband's Navy career sent them to Norfolk, Virginia. That's where she has been for the past 5 years being a wife and stay at home mom to 3 boys. In the rare occurrences she gets free time it's usually spent reading a good book. Three things she will never turn away are tattoos, cupcakes and arbor mist!  


Connect with JC~




raindrops1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment