Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Release Tour... Jerica MacMillan's Rebound Revival


Rebound Revival by Jerica MacMillan
Rebound Series; Book 3
Contemporary Romance
Release Date: July 25, 2016

Blurb:

What do you do when your one-night stand turns out to be your new boss?

Cate's been burned by her cheating ex-boyfriend, and runs away to a small town in southeastern Washington to avoid seeing him ever again.  Her first night in town she's swept away by a sexy stranger and gets treated to the best night of her life, only to find out he owns the vineyard where she's the new events coordinator.

Max, disappointed that Cate didn't call after their night together, is thrilled to run into her again, even if it is at work.  Intrigued by this beautiful, self-contained woman, he is determined to draw her out of her shell and get her to open up to him outside of the bedroom as well as inside.  

Will Max be able to overcome Cate's distrust?  Or will her ex's infidelity make it impossible for her to trust a man again?



Special Preorder Price $0.99!


Excerpt:
My question dies before it finishes when I realize Max is right there.  He pulls the drinks out of my hands and sets them on the counter at my back without a word.  His hands return to my hips where he pulls me against him, his mouth coming down on mine once more.  
This.  This is what I expected in the hallway.  His mouth is firm and demanding, and he nips at my lower lip with his teeth.  With a gasp at the unexpected sting my mouth opens, and his tongue sweeps in.  He tastes like strawberries.  
His hands run up my back under my shirt, kneading and caressing my skin.  I'm swept away by him, by his kiss, by his commanding presence, and it seems like all I can do to hold on, my fists clutching his shirt my only anchor.  
He breaks away from my mouth and runs his lips down my jaw to my neck, biting and sucking at the place where my neck meets my shoulder.  I shrug my shoulder to discourage that.  It feels good, but I don't want a hickey.  I'm twenty-two for God's sake, not a teenager in the first throes of lust.  I didn't even let boys give me hickeys then, especially not with two older brothers watching all the guys who were interested in me.  
Max raises his head, a wicked grin on his lips and mischief dancing in his eyes.  Before I can react he lifts my tank top, and my arms raise to help him strip it off me.  He tosses it to the side, his eyes on my breasts.  I look down and realize I'm wearing the most boring bra imaginable—beige cotton with zero decoration.  It's not like I expected to show off my lingerie for anyone today.
I open my mouth to explain away the bra choice, nerves getting the better of me. Before I can say anything he traces one finger along the edge of the cup.  “You’re beautiful, Cate.”
I guess boring lingerie doesn't faze Max.  Both hands come up and cup my breasts.  His large hands engulf them, the upper curve just spilling over his grip.  He circles my nipples with his thumbs, bringing them to attention, absorbed by what he's doing to me.  
He tugs one cup aside to expose my now-hard nipple.  Bending down, he takes it in his mouth and sucks deep, a groan rumbling in his chest.  I can't stifle the gasp that escapes from my mouth, and I clutch at the counter behind me so I don't fall from the sensation.
His hands reach behind me to unhook my bra, and he stands up so he can pull the straps down my arms, letting it fall to the floor at our feet.  His eyes flick up to my face for a moment to check in with me, and he leads me by the hand to the bed.  Sitting on the edge, he brings me to stand between his legs.  “So beautiful.” His hands run up my torso and caress my breasts, teasing the nipples, sliding to my back to bring me closer so his mouth can play with them some more.  In this position his head is at the perfect height to reach my breasts.  The longer he plays, the weaker my legs get, and I clutch at his shoulders so I don't fall, his hands on my ass holding me up.


A Few of My Favorite Tropes from Jerica MacMillan

Tropes are the basic plot devices that drive a book.  You know—friends to lovers, forbidden romance, second chance romance—the distillation of the plot into just a few words.  It’s a framework, an idea, that you get to play with as a writer.  The characters and specifics, as well as the themes, are what make a book worth reading, even if the trope is overused (ahem, dominant billionaires, I’m looking at you).  

Playing with tropes can be a lot of fun—taking elements of one and combining it with another, role reversals, or turning a trope on its head.  And sometimes just picking a strong trope that hasn’t been used much lately can give birth to a whole new book, or maybe even a series.  A lot of my free brainstorming time is spent playing with tropes in my head.

I could go through all my books and tell you the basic tropes, but that would be boring.  So instead, here’s a list (in no particular order) of five of my favorite tropes.

Bad boy turned good.  This one’s easy.  Everyone loves a bad boy with a heart of gold and the girl that can tame him.  Because you know it’s not going to be some delicate, wilting flower.  Nope, she’s gotta be strong in her own right (sometimes quiet, sometimes loud) and willing to push back against the crap you know is going to come her way.  My Players of Marycliff University series is basically this, with some other stuff thrown in to make it more interesting.  They’re fun to read.  They’re fun to write.  

Forbidden romance—boss/employee (ahem, Rebound Revival), teacher/student (though I prefer college professor/student, personally), any set of outside circumstances that should make it not okay for the couple to be together.  This trope is ripe with tension and the delicious push/pull of will they or won’t they and how will they make this work?

Enemies to lovers.  There’s something really fun about watching two people who start out hating each other forced to spend time together by outside forces and then discovering sexual chemistry either before or after a grudging respect and friendship forms.  Again, lots of room for sexual tension.  And nothing makes a story more fun than that.

Marriage of convenience.  I don’t know why this one appeals to me so much, but it does.  And when they end up liking each other and falling in love as they spend time together in an effort to make things look real … Sigh.  (Side note, The Proposal is also one of my favorite movies.)  There’s lots of room for sexual tension as well as ridiculous or funny situations to arise with this one.  

Travel romance.  I don’t see a lot of these, but I always enjoy them when I do.  Either they’re traveling together for some reason, or they encounter each other on vacation, and have to figure out how to continue the relationship once they’re back in real life.  This one always has a fast burning fuse, because vacations are short by nature.  As a writer, all the major plot points are easily built in, and as a reader, it’s so fun to see how they figure everything out in the end.

What about you?  Are there any tropes that you particularly enjoy?  And are there any that you wish authors would put away for a long, long time (like, at least the rest of your natural life)?  Let us know in the comments!


Other Books in this Series:

Rebound Therapy

Jenna just needs a little rebound therapy ...

Jenna is still stuck in her grief a year after her fiancĂ© died in a tragic accident.  She exists, going through the motions of living, her former spark gone.  Her best friend Amy drags her out to meet someone, convinced she needs a rebound guy to have some fun and start living again.


Brian is the hot owner of the wine bar where Amy takes Jenna.  He has a mischievous grin that he wields like a weapon to convince Jenna to give him a chance.

Will his love be enough to pull Jenna out of her grief so she can learn to live and love again?

Available FREE on all major retailers!
iBooks :  Amazon :  B&N : Kobo


Rebound Envy

Always the bridesmaid ...

Amy's best friend Jenna is engaged ... again.  And she's asked Amy to be her maid of honor.  Amy can't help but feel jealous that Jenna's ready to walk down the aisle for the second time, especially when her own love life is virtually nonexistent.

Adam has wanted Amy since she first walked into his wine bar.  After he finally got the chance to take her out, problems from his past got in the way.  Now she's dating someone else, and he's jealous of the lost opportunity.

Will Adam and Amy work out the issues from the past and present that are keeping them apart?  Or will their jealousies ruin their relationships and keep them apart forever?

Join my Book Club and get a FREE copy!
iBooks : Amazon : B&N : Kobo


About Jerica MacMillan:
Jerica MacMillan is a lifelong reader and lover of romance.  Nothing beats escaping into a book and watching people fall in love, overcome obstacles, and find their happily ever after.  She was recently named a semi finalist in Harlequin's So You Think You Can Write competition.

Jerica is living her happily ever after in North Idaho with her husband and two children.  She spends her days building with blocks, admiring preschooler artwork, and writing while her baby naps in the sling.  Join her Book Club at www.jericamacmillan.com and get a free book!


Join Jerica’s Giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment